The grant-maker has been unable to secure a deal with Virgin Money, its sole source of funds, according to foundation chair Alastair Balls
The 'I wish I had breast cancer' press adverts prompted 121 complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority, which says they did not breach its rules
Trustees of Bristol and South Gloucestershire People First, which provided services for people with learning difficulties, closed the charity down on 3 April
The charity pays £160,000 to the Information Commissioner's Office after the personal details of nearly 10,000 people were stored unnecessarily on its website
Nick Hurd, the Minister for Civil Society, says the new fund will help ensure older people get the support they need
Read about the latest developments to the lobbying act and the impact it will have on charity campaigning.
The charity-owned attraction has suffered a flood, seen visitor numbers fall and changed many of its senior management.
The director of grants and external operations at Seafarers UK recounts his week
Recent high-profile kidnapping incidents have highlighted the hazards faced in many countries. Sam Burne James reports
Lisa Nandy, who used to work in the third sector, has been shadow charities minister for six months. She tells Stephen Cook about Labour's developing policies for charities
The new head of Action for Children is warming up to the challenges ahead, which include securing longer-term public service contracts and attracting support from businesses
Latest Good Practice
The charity's Dare to Bare campaign used good, clean nudity to raise more than £10,000
To build a new financial market means supporting investors who take a long-term, values-oriented and client-centred view. Not-for-profits should resist the temptation of attractive rates at high-street banks, writes Rodney Schwartz
Maintaining a tidy donor database and getting the tone right in communications can keep first-time fundraisers interested in a charity, writes Mark Roy
Religion can be a divisive subject among charity staff - but sometimes it's better just to keep the peace and save our energy for providing services to our service users, writes Martin Edwards
Latest Blogs Posts
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Blind Veterans UK chief executive Robert Leader dies
- Bristol youth charity insists Banksy art piece was intended as a gift
- 'No credible evidence of criminality' by Lutfur Rahman, say police
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...