Sussex, a senior vice-president of the consulting and outsourcing firm CGI UK, will take over from Sam Younger at the end of June
Allcock Tyler, chief executive of the Directory of Social Change, says the appointment shows the regulator doesn't care much about small charities
The Broad Plain & Riverside Youth Project removed the piece from a wall but it has now has been moved to a museum while ownership is determined
BBC's Panorama has alleged that the independent mayor of Tower Hamlets awarded £3.6m to ethnic minority groups against the advice of council officers
Peter Clarke, former head of counter-terrorism at the Metropolitan Police, will look into allegations of a Muslim plot to infiltrate schools in the city
Read about the latest developments to the lobbying act and the impact it will have on charity campaigning.
The charity-owned attraction has suffered a flood, seen visitor numbers fall and changed many of its senior management.
Plus: David Cameron, Danny Dyer, Ross Brawn, Martin Brundle, Peter Capaldi, Lisa Faulkner, Richard E Grant, Jacqueline Wilson and Cerrie Burnell
Lisa Nandy, who used to work in the third sector, has been shadow charities minister for six months. She tells Stephen Cook about Labour's developing policies for charities
The new head of Action for Children is warming up to the challenges ahead, which include securing longer-term public service contracts and attracting support from businesses
The UK Civil Society Almanac, published by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, shows how life became harder for charities in 2011/12. Andy Hillier reports
Latest Good Practice
To build a new financial market means supporting investors who take a long-term, values-oriented and client-centred view. Not-for-profits should resist the temptation of attractive rates at high-street banks, writes Rodney Schwartz
Maintaining a tidy donor database and getting the tone right in communications can keep first-time fundraisers interested in a charity, writes Mark Roy
Religion can be a divisive subject among charity staff - but sometimes it's better just to keep the peace and save our energy for providing services to our service users, writes Martin Edwards
The organisation's Dumb Animals campaign made wearing fur socially unacceptable and was an early example of consumer-driven campaigning
Latest Blogs Posts
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Trust Fundraiser Dorset Community Foundation £15,000 - 21 hrs per week (0.6 full time equivalent), Bournemouth
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Police in England and Wales record 270 charity fraud allegations in the final quarter of 2013
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- Big Lottery Fund board feared 'sustained drop in income' after Lotto ticket price doubled
- London Marathon runner's death prompts surge in donations to the National Osteoporosis Society
- Cancer Research UK is named official charity of the 2015 London Marathon
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...