Lucy de Groot (pictured), chief executive of CSV, says it cannot make the centres financially viable. Sam Burne James and Andy Ricketts look at the background to the decision
Click here for information on access to the website
The umbrella body's manifesto, published before the European Parliament elections in May, says EU institutions should be more transparent and accountable
Mark Macmillan, the Scottish Labour leader of Renfrewshire Council, admits he made a mistake by not declaring he worked for a charity in line for a council grant
Navca asks Healthwatch England to make sure local health and wellbeing boards include the voluntary sector
In response to a consultation, the infrastructure umbrella body says local charities and community groups are often aware of issues before they are widely recognised
The regulator says it is working on a proposal to ensure it meets demand from 30,000 church charities that are due to join before exception ends
Plus: Richard Gough, Richard Lackmann, Phillip Rubenstein, Su Sayer and Karl Wilding
Lord Ashcroft's blunt review of military charities calls for greater consolidation and collaboration. Annette Rawstrone looks at the report's proposals and whether they will be implemented
Jenna Pudelek observes a focus group discussing charities, including fundraising methods and the pay of chief executives
Latest Good Practice
The concept is going through a renaissance thanks to Movember and Cancer Research UK's Dryathlon. Our columnist offers his advice on making your awareness day a success
A recent ruling means charities could see an increase in claims brought by aggrieved relatives - but so far the courts appear to be taking a common-sense approach
If you are a charity that aims to relieve poverty or improve the human condition, why would you pay staff less than a living wage?
Charities should be clear on when they might need funds to be made available and the amount of risk they can afford, writes Peter Gotham
Latest Blogs Posts
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Public Affairs Officer British Heart Foundation £28,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and benefits, London NW1
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Grayling attack on campaigning 'shows lack of understanding of the sector'
- Cabinet Office awards grant to Charityworks to develop sector talent
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...