But Kirsty Palmer from Kensington & Chelsea and Heather Allen of Hemel Hempstead are both disappointed not to receive central government funding
Click here for information on access to the website
Judge rejects the argument that organisations, including charities, would suffer financial damage as a result of negative publicity
Government contracts should enable sector organisations to improve employment conditions, report says
The Third Sector Research Centre report, co-authored by Heather Buckingham, says many of the jobs created are 'precarious and low-paid'
The older people's charity says the change is to make clear that it does not only support and work with female volunteers
Pension Insurance Corporation will make payments to cover the charity's liabilities for all the retired members of its defined benefit pension scheme
The charity that raised £176m but donated only £55k to good causes turned out to be a tax avoidance scheme. Read the full running story here.
Read about changes to Gift Aid and how they will affect the sector.
Plus Helen Murley, Claire Wood Hill, Paul Haworth, Nigel Rothband and Linda Petrons
Sir Stuart Etherington's criticism of the Charity Commission is endorsed by some, but not all
Charities minister Nick Hurd tells Stephen Cook that, despite lingering fear and frustration, he sees transition in the sector and a determination to find better ways of doing things
Latest Good Practice
The trust's latest campaign focused on celebrating the special places people love to visit
Lynn Cadman and Linda Laurance discuss an issue that can be difficult to address
In the first of two articles, Peter Groucutt gives an insight into what cloud computing can do for charities
Conditions for charities should improve our time, but they should not expect a quick fix, says John Hildebrand
Latest Blogs Posts
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Director of Women's Health and Family Services Women's Health and Family Services NJC scale PO6, point 48 £40,741 - PO7 point 52 £44,300 (dependant on experience), East London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Big Lottery Fund grants £67m to advice charities
- Public Safety Charitable Trust loses High Court case over underpaid business rates
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...