Dianne Thompson stresses the importance of strengthening the links between National Lottery players and the charity causes they support
Click here for information on access to the website
Andy Duncan of Camelot attributes the lottery's success to its broad appeal and innovations to develop its channels of distribution
Corporation admits that the piece, broadcast last August, was unfair and failed to represent properly the charity's response to criticisms
The Fundraising Hub, created by the local infrastructure body Voluntary Action Arun and Chichester, has helped volunteers to raise more than £650,000 since 2011
One recommendation of the working group, led by Dame Mary Marsh, says a programme similar to Teach First should be developed to attract young talent
The charity that raised £176m but donated only £55k to good causes turned out to be a tax avoidance scheme. Read the full running story here.
Read about changes to Gift Aid and how they will affect the sector.
Digital Campaign of the Week
The charity that helps to support the elderly has launched an interactive video as part of its Care in Crisis campaign
Sir Stuart Etherington's criticism of the Charity Commission is endorsed by some, but not all
Charities minister Nick Hurd tells Stephen Cook that, despite lingering fear and frustration, he sees transition in the sector and a determination to find better ways of doing things
Latest Good Practice
Lynn Cadman and Linda Laurance discuss an issue that can be difficult to address
In the first of two articles, Peter Groucutt gives an insight into what cloud computing can do for charities
Conditions for charities should improve our time, but they should not expect a quick fix, says John Hildebrand
Agencies are often treated unfairly by charities, writes our columnist
Latest Blogs Posts
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Big Lottery Fund grants £67m to advice charities
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...