Plus Tolula Adeyemi, Mariella Frostrup, Ed Vaizey, Jade Parfitt, Ricky Tomlinson, Jasmine Guinness and Frank Fielding
- The TV presenter Suzi Perry has become an ambassador for the Commando Spirit Appeal, set up to raise £1m by 2014 for the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund. Perry will abseil from the roof of St Pancras Station in London with the Royal Marines on 14 September to raise funds. "The appeal is amazing, and I am proud to offer my support," said Perry. "I'd encourage everyone to find out about how to get involved in some way."
- The model, actor and DJ Tolula Adeyemi opened the Affordable Art Fair, which raised money for St Mungo's. Money from ticket sales to the fair, which took place between 15 and 18 March, will go to the homelessness charity.
- The TV presenter Mariella Frostrup and the communications minister Ed Vaizey are backing the accessibility charity AbilityNet's Technology4Good Awards, which reward organisations and individuals who improve people's lives through IT.
- The actor Ricky Tomlinson opened a refurbished facility for head and neck cancer patients at the Clatterbridge Centre for Oncology on 6 March. The star of The Royle Family had launched an appeal to raise £100,000 for the redevelopment in June last year. Tomlinson said: "On my first visit I saw the old facilities and the improvements are fantastic."
- The models Jade Parfitt and Jasmine Guinness are launching a fashion show and dinner to raise money for the Household Cavalry Operational Casualties Fund and the British Forces Foundation. The Fashion for the Brave event takes place on 20 September at the Dorchester hotel in London.
- Frank Fielding, the goalkeeper for Derby County Football Club, volunteered in a Treetops Hospice charity shop for a day as part of a Football League week of action to support hospices. The awareness-raising week ran from 3 to 11 March.