Lisa Nandy, who used to work in the third sector, has been shadow charities minister for six months. She tells Stephen Cook about Labour's developing policies for charities
Bookmark this page – return to Third Sector with one click
Minutes of a BLF board meeting show members were concerned about financial and reputational issues after the National Lottery ticket price rose from £1 to £2
Alex Swallow was told by the SCC that it could not continue to pay him £45,000 a year because of increasingly tight finances
The tribunal ruled that the trustees' scheme to resolve a long-standing land dispute required substantial amendment, but the charity says the ruling contains errors of law
More than 3,500 donations have been made through the JustGiving page of Robert Berry, who died after finishing the race on Sunday
Read about the latest developments to the lobbying act and the impact it will have on charity campaigning.
The charity-owned attraction has suffered a flood, seen visitor numbers fall and changed many of its senior management.
Plus: Debbie James, Jim Barker, Mercy Jeyasingham, Anita Lightstone, Neil Blanchard, Sharon Hanner
The new head of Action for Children is warming up to the challenges ahead, which include securing longer-term public service contracts and attracting support from businesses
The UK Civil Society Almanac, published by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, shows how life became harder for charities in 2011/12. Andy Hillier reports
The lobbying act was passed in January, but the sector's concerns about its effects on charity campaigning have not abated. Sam Burne James looks at the new rules as they take effect
Latest Good Practice
Religion can be a divisive subject among charity staff - but sometimes it's better just to keep the peace and save our energy for providing services to our service users, writes Martin Edwards
The organisation's Dumb Animals campaign made wearing fur socially unacceptable and was an early example of consumer-driven campaigning
The Society Network Foundation's diversion of leftover money is under scrutiny. Laura Soley, pictured, says it is a frequent misconception that getting the donor's permission to make the change is all that is required
Ray Jones explains the Sorp commisson's recommendation to have two new accounting standards, rather than one
Latest Blogs Posts
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Philanthropy Manager - Trusts Cystic Fibrosis Trust £30,000- £35,000 dependent on experience, Bromley (15 mins by train from Victoria)
- Policy and Advocacy Manager The Ramblers' Association £33,160 - £44,686 per annum (depending on experience), Vauxhall
- Offline Supporter Recruitment Manager Shelter £32,940 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London EC1
- Sector disappointed by Guardian decision to end free online volunteering adverts
- Why do we find consultation and decision-making so hard?
- Charities set to benefit from record-breaking donations at Sunday's London Marathon
- Nicky Morgan retains charity and voluntary sector ministerial brief after promotion
- Charity Commission's financial situation is 'unsustainable', chair says
- Maria Miller donates ministerial pay-off to local autism charity
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...