The fundraising regulator rejected a complaint against the veterinary charity that it pressured a vulnerable woman into donating, but chair Colin Lloyd says the relevant codes should be reviewed
Michelle Russell, head of investigations and enforcement, has emphasised the importance of communicating the best ways of helping those affected by the civil war
Stephen Sutton set out to raise the funds as part of a wish list of things he wanted to do before he died
The council's chief executive, Sir Stuart Etherington, says current PBR practice risks excluding the crucial role of specialist voluntary sector charities
Law Commission document says the idea is to help charity trustees who are not confident about their power to make such investments
Read about the latest developments to the lobbying act and the impact it will have on charity campaigning.
The charity-owned attraction has suffered a flood, seen visitor numbers fall and changed many of its senior management.
Digital Campaign of the Week
The children's charity has launched an interactive app to help young people avoid the danger of sexual exploitation
Recent high-profile kidnapping incidents have highlighted the hazards faced in many countries. Sam Burne James reports
Lisa Nandy, who used to work in the third sector, has been shadow charities minister for six months. She tells Stephen Cook about Labour's developing policies for charities
The new head of Action for Children is warming up to the challenges ahead, which include securing longer-term public service contracts and attracting support from businesses
Latest Good Practice
The staff of individual charities are rarely going to be the most passionate supporters of mergers. Unless there is support from trustees and policy-makers, consolidation is unlikely, writes our columnist
The charity's Dare to Bare campaign used good, clean nudity to raise more than £10,000
To build a new financial market means supporting investors who take a long-term, values-oriented and client-centred view. Not-for-profits should resist the temptation of attractive rates at high-street banks, writes Rodney Schwartz
Maintaining a tidy donor database and getting the tone right in communications can keep first-time fundraisers interested in a charity, writes Mark Roy
Latest Blogs Posts
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- Product and Service Development Manager Pacey £37,289, Kent / London (South), London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Food bank charity reports surge in donations after critical newspaper report
- Sense examines allegations that one of its runners cheated in the London Marathon
- Government launches fund for volunteer-based projects for the elderly
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service will not appeal against fine for security flaw
- Number of HMRC investigations into Gift Aid claims doubled last year
- Charity Commission chair says Islamic extremism is potentially its 'most deadly' problem
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Date: Wed 7 May 2014 - Wed 7 May 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...