- Beth Thoren will become the director of fundraising and communications at the RSPB on 21 November. Currently she is director of communications at Digital UK, the organisation that has been leading the UK's switchover to digital television.
- John Grounds (right) is the new director of marketing and campaigns at the RSPCA. He joins from the NSPCC, where he was director of the charity's child-protection consultancy. Grounds has also been appointed as the next chair of CharityComms, the membership body for charity communicators.
- The RSPB has appointed Steve Ormerod, professor of ecology at the School of Biosciences at Cardiff University, as its new chair.
- The special baby care charity Bliss has appointed as trustees the former civil servant Elizabeth Gray and Janine Menasakanian, who works for the investment firm the Vanguard Group.
- The Children's Trust, which provides care for children with multiple disabilities and complex health needs, has appointed Duncan Ingram (right), a former director at communications company BT, as its chair.