Third Sector Blogs
Blogs from voluntary sector experts and leading practitioners, including John O'Brien, Lucy Sweetman, Peter Wanless, Rob Jackson, and the Third Sector editorial team.
Latest Blog Posts
As far as I know, ‘world domination’ is not a charitable objective
There I was, just walking down the street minding my own business. Then I...
Decentralising power and distributing ideas
Two things that have been exercising my mind recently have been the way power...
Orbison was on to something
The more you read the National Audit Office report on the regulatory failings of...
A baffling session on the value of Gift Aid
The Public Accounts Committee convened with its normal seriousness on Monday. The top bods...
Volunteering is heading for an iceberg
The Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR) has recently produced an excellent and readable report...
Will you join the race to the bottom?
It’s been voluntary sector conference season recently and I have been doing a lot...
Social media is fine, but what about the human touch?
Last week, Third Sector published the list of top charity chief executives on social...
From grant dependency to great grant making
I was reading recently in Third Sector about a new piece of research looking...
Some sector salaries seem to be plucked out of thin air
It’s not surprising we are all fascinated by pay – all those stories about...
Overcoming internal politics and breaking down silos
It takes time and money to engage people to support a charity – whether...
Don’t change the rules for charity ads
Sometimes charity adverts should shock and appal. That’s their purpose. They should shake us...
If you tell the public the truth, they’ll get it
The latest edition of the Charity Brand Index , our annual publication looking at...
Trustees’ Week – thinking bigger, aiming higher
As I hope everyone knows, it is Trustees’ Week this week . I’ve been...
The sector should fight for the right to judicial review
As reported previously by Third Sector, the government appears keen to limit severely the...
Walking the talk on volunteering
A few years ago the policy team at Volunteering England developed the slogan ‘Volunteering...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Ministers will legislate to prevent tax relief for charities being used for tax avoidance
- More than half of people 'would donate more if the process was easier'
- Government to introduce new tax relief for social investment
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...