The Third Sector Research Centre has studied the details of higher pay in the sector and compared it to the private and public sectors. Stephen Cook reports
Charity management news, in-depth reporting, best practice, expert advice and discussion, including charities and the law, human resources, employment law, pay & conditions, mergers & partnerships, vetting & CRB checks and the Compact between the Government and the voluntary sector.
Looking for charity management jobs ? Visit ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk
Latest Management Good Practice
No chief executive wants to give bad news or ask staff to work harder for less, writes Gill Taylor
How many good causes can anyone usefully help, asks our columnist Martin Edwards
The outgoing chief executive of the Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation offers advice about being a woman leader in the sector
All staff should have a grasp of the budgetary issues, says Valerie Morton
Latest Management News
- MPs should respect the right and ability of trustees to set executive pay, the Institute of Fundraising says
- Capping charity chiefs' pay would do 'irreparable damage' to the sector, evidence to MPs' inquiry says
- Private schools are the type of charity most likely to pay higher salaries, research shows
- Catch22 takes over subsidiary of CfBT Education Trust
- NCVO hopes its inquiry will stop charity chiefs' pay being a 'media football'
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- Central YMCA announces it has acquired YMCA Training
- Charity workers strike over pay at hostel run by St Mungo's
- Small charities should consider risk as much as larger ones, charity director tells conference
- RSPCA appoints strategic agency to improve public awareness of its work
How charities are affected by funding cuts and the recession.
My Week: Gareth Owen finds ignoring his emails works wonders The chief executive of Volunteer Centre Westminster and executive director of Voluntary Action Westminster recounts his week
My Week: Jim Conneely talks hepatitis C in the West Midlands The outreach officer at the Hepatitis C Trust recounts his week
My Week: Wendy Westgarth helps the parents of deaf children The family officer for the north east at the National Deaf Children's Society recounts her week
My Week: Sabah Ahmed helps victims of brain injury The community link worker at the Disabilities Trust Foundation recounts her week
My Week: Claire Anthony checks that her dogs are up to scratch The aftercare supervisor at Canine Partners recounts her week
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
Latest Management Comment
Many PCCs are engaging with the local voluntary sector in innovative ways, writes our columnist
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Confessions Of A Chief Executive
We complain about being marginalised, so a higher profile is overdue, writes Martin Edwards
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Director All Souls Bolton £30-33k p.a. , North West, Bolton
- DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & OPERATIONS The Pony Club Salary £45,000 - £50,000, West Midlands, Warwickshire
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Ministers will legislate to prevent tax relief for charities being used for tax avoidance
- Government to introduce new tax relief for social investment
- NCVO launches scheme to promote volunteering in care homes
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...