Lisa Nandy, who used to work in the third sector, has been shadow charities minister for six months. She tells Stephen Cook about Labour's developing policies for charities
Policy & Politics
News, in-depth reporting, and discussion of policy and politics affecting charities and the voluntary sector, including political lobbying, public service delivery and party policies.
Search ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk for policy and research roles in the voluntary sector.
Policy & Politics In Depth
The UK Civil Society Almanac, published by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, shows how life became harder for charities in 2011/12. Andy Hillier reports
The new head of Action for Children is warming up to the challenges ahead, which include securing longer-term public service contracts and attracting support from businesses
The head of Women's Aid says the charity is committed to speaking out on behalf of the most vulnerable, despite fears that the lobbying act could be damaging
Latest Policy & Politics News
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Government has 'no plans' for universal Gift Aid database
- Nicky Morgan retains charity and voluntary sector ministerial brief after promotion
- Calderdale Council consults local sector on cuts
- Awareness of social value act 'not high enough', white paper says
- Maria Miller donates ministerial pay-off to local autism charity
- Refugee Action wins judicial review against Home Secretary
- First eight ventures under 'readiness fund' have secured deals worth £35m
- Canal & River Trust secures £250,000 of funding for youth engagement schemes
- Charities 'not confident' they understand rules set out in the lobbying act
Interview: Nick Hurd The Minister for Civil Society says his office is succeeding in getting the sector's message across
Interview: Lisa Nandy The new shadow civil society minister tells David Ainsworth she does not want the sector to become a political football
Interview: Gareth Thomas - The view from Labour The shadow civil society minister tells Stephen Cook that the damage the government has done to the voluntary sector through spending cuts far outweighs some modest achievements
Interview: Nick Hurd Charities minister Nick Hurd tells Stephen Cook that, despite lingering fear and frustration, he sees transition in the sector and a determination to find better ways of doing things
Interview: Jeremy Wright The prisons minister expects 'significant' voluntary sector involvement in new contracts to run probation services for low and medium-risk ex-prisoners
Follow the impact of David Cameron's Big Society agenda on the voluntary sector.
Latest Policy & Politics Comment
- It was Tuesday afternoon in New Palace Yard, under the shadow of Big Ben, and the education secretary, Michael Gove, was in a hurry for his next appointment. As he strode towards his limo, he spotted Labour's shadow charities minister, Lisa Nandy, ...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Michael Page £40000 to £45000 per annum, West End
- Area Fundraising Manager Michael Page £32000 to £34000 per annum, West End
- Membership Marketing Executive Michael Page £25000 to £28000 per annum, London
- Membership Officer Michael Page £24000 to £26000 per annum, London
- Digital Communications Coordinator Michael Page £20000 to £25000 per annum, Reading
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Police in England and Wales record 270 charity fraud allegations in the final quarter of 2013
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- Big Lottery Fund board feared 'sustained drop in income' after Lotto ticket price doubled
- London Marathon runner's death prompts surge in donations to the National Osteoporosis Society
- Cancer Research UK is named official charity of the 2015 London Marathon
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...