If so, the Aspiring Chief Executive Programme, delivered by the Cass Centre for Charity Effectiveness (CCE), is for you. It will increase your confidence and ability to excel in your current leadership role, help you build an enduring peer support network and develop your leadership skills to maximise your potential as a future chief executive. The programme is led by James Barrett, former chief executive of The HIV Project, and is supported by George Levvy, former chief executive of the Motor Neurone Disease Association. During the course of the programme you will hear from Ian Joseph, divisional chief executive of Russam GMS, a specialist recruitment agency; and sector experts Caroline Copeman, Ian Lawson and Jacqueline Williams.
What our delegates say
- "An outstanding course that challenges and develops you and gives you an array of information, knowledge and new contacts to enable you to confidently take the next steps as a chief executive. Great five days and best course I have been on. Thank you."
- "Very rich content on leadership, strategy and getting into shape to stimulate the strategic thinking."
- "Being able to talk through what leadership means with others, clarifying own ideas and being able to start to pace yourself and your skillset in context."
- "The calibre of teaching has been outstanding."
- "Well organised, great location and facilities and most importantly intellectually stimulating as a result of James and fellow presenters."
Aspiring chief executive delegates 2016
The programme is divided into three parts: two intensive two-day modules and a follow-up one-day module to further embed the learning. There are evening units and social events, with options for preparatory reading and inter-module activities.
You also receive 360-degree feedback using the recognised Outstanding Leadership Competencies framework, as well as an individual coaching session to interpret your profile and start your personal development planning towards becoming a chief executive.
At the end of the programme, you will have increased your confidence and ability to excel in your current role and have a robust understanding of what is required from a nonprofit chief executive.
- Module 1: 9 & 10 March 2017
- Module 2: 20 & 21 April 2017
- Module 3: 19 May 2017
This course has been designed specifically for senior leaders who are already employed within the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, considering the step up to a chief executive position. To be eligible you need to be in a post reporting directly to a chief executive yourself, and leading a team of staff.
Submit an application
Submit an application form via our webpage here