Full events detail
Board governance and relationship with staff
- 16 May 2012 to 16 May 2012
- Cass Centre for Charity Effectiveness
- Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8TZ
Part of a series of "Charity Talks" organised by the Cass Centre for Charity Effectiveness. Keynote speakers are Susan Daniels, chief executive, National Deaf Children's Society and Jacqueline Williams, Principal Consultant and Visiting Fellow, Cass CCE. The role and importance of the charity board has been transformed in the last fifteen years, yet performance and relationships with the CEO and staff have not always followed with it. Susan Daniels is the CE of the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS), which has grown substantially over the last ten years and has been a pioneer in mixing professionally qualified trustees and beneficiary representatives. She will describe the approach taken by the NDCS and the benefits and pitfalls of engaging with your board in this way. Two of her board of eleven have a particular interest in financial governance and she will look at their role and the role of the board as a whole, so important in these turbulent times. Jacqueline Williams of Cass Business School, will take this impressive example and lay out the various approaches boards may consider in delivering their responsibilities.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Big Lottery Fund grants £67m to advice charities
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...