Third Sector Big Issues give you a quick, easy way to find articles on important topics. New articles are added regularly to many of the sections, so do check back if you are following a particular issue.
Read about the government's response to Lord Hodgson's review and the Public Administration Select Committee's report on the Charity Commission and the Charities Act 2006.
Read about the latest developments to the lobbying act and the impact it will have on charity campaigning.
The government is doing its best to build on the volunteering that underpinned last year’s Olympics. In this Big Issue, our writers chart the various initiatives and their progress.
Publication by the Daily Telegraph of chief executive salaries in the top aid charities has reopened the debate about senior pay in the sector. Our Big Issue takes you through the stories, the comment and the wider background.
The iconic charity-owned attraction has suffered a flood, seen its visitor numbers fall and changed many of its senior management in the last few years. Our Big Issue takes you through the stories, the background and the comment.
Read about the key announcements from this year's review, revealed by George Osborne, and how it will affect the sector.
Stories on all the key aspects of the Public Administration Select Committee report on the Charity Commission and the Charities Act 2006.
Read about changes to Gift Aid and how they will affect the sector
Read all the latest on this year's Budget and how it will affect the sector
The charity that raised £176m but donated only £55k to good causes turned out to be a tax avoidance scheme. Read the full running story here.
The Christian church has been refused charitable status by the Charity Commission and is taking its fight to the charity tribunal. Read how this controversial case is progressing.
The debate rages on, prompted by Hodgson's report's recommendation that large charities should all have the option to pay.
Latest news and analysis about the 2012 Budget proposal and why the government changed its mind.
The Conservative peer Lord Hodgson is conducting a review of the 2006 Charities Act. Find out about the latest developments in this special report.
Latest news and analysis about the controversial lottery launched by the media owner Richard Desmond.
Is the Work Programme a good deal for charities? Read our special report to see what employment minister Chris Grayling has to say, as well as what charities think of the scheme.
News, anaysis and comment on the Compact between the Government and the voluntary sector.
News, comment and analysis on changes and cuts to the Charity Commission.
How the Big Society agenda affects the voluntary sector, key milestones in its evolution, and reaction from sector experts.
Analysis and reactions to the recent ruling by the Upper Tribunal on fee-charging schools and public benefit.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Trust Fundraiser Dorset Community Foundation £15,000 - 21 hrs per week (0.6 full time equivalent), Bournemouth
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Sector disappointed by Guardian decision to end free online volunteering adverts
- Charities set to benefit from record-breaking donations at Sunday's London Marathon
- Nicky Morgan retains charity and voluntary sector ministerial brief after promotion
- Half of charities say they have improved transparency, says report
- Police in England and Wales record 270 charity fraud allegations in the final quarter of 2013
- Awareness of social value act 'not high enough', white paper says
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...