Third Sector Blogs
Blogs from voluntary sector experts and leading practitioners, including John O'Brien, Lucy Sweetman, Peter Wanless, Rob Jackson, and the Third Sector editorial team.
Latest Blog Posts
Volunteering is heading for an iceberg
The Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR) has recently produced an excellent and readable report...
Will you join the race to the bottom?
It’s been voluntary sector conference season recently and I have been doing a lot...
Social media is fine, but what about the human touch?
Last week, Third Sector published the list of top charity chief executives on social...
From grant dependency to great grant making
I was reading recently in Third Sector about a new piece of research looking...
Some sector salaries seem to be plucked out of thin air
It’s not surprising we are all fascinated by pay – all those stories about...
Overcoming internal politics and breaking down silos
It takes time and money to engage people to support a charity – whether...
Don’t change the rules for charity ads
Sometimes charity adverts should shock and appal. That’s their purpose. They should shake us...
If you tell the public the truth, they’ll get it
The latest edition of the Charity Brand Index , our annual publication looking at...
Trustees’ Week – thinking bigger, aiming higher
As I hope everyone knows, it is Trustees’ Week this week . I’ve been...
The sector should fight for the right to judicial review
As reported previously by Third Sector, the government appears keen to limit severely the...
Walking the talk on volunteering
A few years ago the policy team at Volunteering England developed the slogan ‘Volunteering...
Our intellectual property is a goldmine – so how to exploit it?
The sometimes prickly issue of intellectual property (or IP) came up at our management...
Are charity shops missing the donor under their nose?
There are over 10,000 charity shops across the UK and growing. But not all...
Charities should help young people see beyond themselves
Young people are generally pretty awesome: interesting, quirky, passionate, crotchety and entertaining. And fidgety.In...
Have you measured the impact of your impact measurement?
I was pleasantly surprised by the Third Sector impact conference. That’s not something...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Appeal and Fundraising Manager Prostate Scotland Salary £31,250 pro rata ., Scotland
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- Trustees Alcohol Research UK Voluntary but reasonable expenses can be claimed., National charity with head office in London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- Landmark Trust offers charities 50 free stays in historic properties
- Do-it will be transferred to a partnership of organisations next Monday
- Charities and agencies given 60,000 penalty points for street fundraising breaches
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- HMRC update to fit and proper persons declaration 'is too vague'
- Date: Sat 7 Dec 2013 - Sat 7 Dec 2013
- Venue: City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
- Date: Thu 12 Dec 2013 - Thu 12 Dec 2013
- Venue: Holborn, London
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...