Third Sector Blogs
Blogs from voluntary sector experts and leading practitioners, including John O'Brien, Lucy Sweetman, Peter Wanless, Rob Jackson, and the Third Sector editorial team.
Latest Blog Posts
Paula Sussex and the bed of nails
The Charity Commission offered the job of chief executive to Paula Sussex at the...
Business isn’t a swear word
As a newly appointed chief executive in the third sector, I am struck by...
Tell us what you think of the sector
I was facilitating an away day last month when a participant said to me:...
Charities must ask taxing questions of companies they do business with
According to the Institute of Business Ethics , corporate tax avoidance is now public...
In praise of the sector’s unsung HR heroes
It’s great to see the interim results of this years’ Charity...
The sector needs to take a positive approach to ageing
“Sixty-five is the new 50” was a statement that got many people at the...
The three things nobody is saying about #nomakeupselfie
It was the fundraising phenomenon that has caught the charity world by storm, the...
#nomakeupselfie is social media at its best
I think it is fair to describe the #nomakeupselfie trend on Twitter as a...
Times are tough now, but charities must plan for the long term
Many of us have talked a lot about how difficult it has been for...
Rise to the Budget challenges, but don’t forget why we’re here
As the Budget confirms, the age of austerity is well and truly here to...
Street fundraisers deserve our professional respect
The past four or five years have seen the emergence of a new...
Hurd’s £40m fund is welcome, but the devil is in the detail
I was quick to welcome the announcement by Nick Hurd MP that the...
Charities are missing out on brilliant staff
Since launching Charityworks in 2009, there are two conversations I’ve had so many times...
Beware the social investment buzz
In the course of delivering workshops to voluntary organisations on various topics related...
What I learnt as a food bank volunteer
Terry Walker, 45, is a drugs counsellor. Reliable, decent and hard...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Trust Fundraiser Dorset Community Foundation £15,000 - 21 hrs per week (0.6 full time equivalent), Bournemouth
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- London Marathon runner's death prompts surge in donations to the National Osteoporosis Society
- Police in England and Wales record 270 charity fraud allegations in the final quarter of 2013
- Big Lottery Fund board feared 'sustained drop in income' after Lotto ticket price doubled
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...