New Laws And What They Mean For Charities
Advice and commentary on new laws and what they mean for charities.
New legislation will permit them to ask for competitive process for providing a service to be reopened
Warning for charities working abroad
Charity Finance Directors' Group meeting is told that organisations without effective anti-corruption policies could be at risk
Lawyers are divided over the content of the new Charities Bill, as well as its timing
Charities Bill brings together existing statutes but leaves out unused legislation that would make the Charity Commission the lead regulator for street and door-to-door fundraising
The four long-standing 'heads of charity' have been put aside in favour of modern definitions of charitable purpose
The Charity Commission's Rosie Chapman considers corporate manslaughter.
Nicola Evans on new laws
Our columnist Nicola Evans, a senior associate at law firm Bircham Dyson Bell, explains the new legislation
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Fundraising Account Manager NCT £27,000 (£33,750 FTE), W36NH, West London
- Corporate Partnerships Executive CORAM £20,000 - £24,000 per annum inc. LW, London WC1N
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Capping charity chiefs' pay would do 'irreparable damage' to the sector, evidence to MPs' inquiry says
- Analysis: Fat cats? The bigger picture of senior salaries
- Big society in need of a 'radical review', says think tank
- New £11.5m fund will develop social investment in the north east of England
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Wed 26 Feb 2014 - Wed 26 Feb 2014
- Venue: Tower Hill
- Date: Thu 6 Mar 2014 - Thu 6 Mar 2014
- Venue: King's House Conference Centre, Manchester M1 7HB
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...