New Laws And What They Mean For Charities
Advice and commentary on new laws and what they mean for charities.
New legislation will permit them to ask for competitive process for providing a service to be reopened
Warning for charities working abroad
Charity Finance Directors' Group meeting is told that organisations without effective anti-corruption policies could be at risk
Lawyers are divided over the content of the new Charities Bill, as well as its timing
Charities Bill brings together existing statutes but leaves out unused legislation that would make the Charity Commission the lead regulator for street and door-to-door fundraising
The four long-standing 'heads of charity' have been put aside in favour of modern definitions of charitable purpose
The Charity Commission's Rosie Chapman considers corporate manslaughter.
Nicola Evans on new laws
Our columnist Nicola Evans, a senior associate at law firm Bircham Dyson Bell, explains the new legislation
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- UK Community Fundraising Manager Human Relief Foundation £25-30,000 (more for exceptional experience and results), Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK (with travel to other offices including London to manage London Team)
- Director Inspira £50,000 per annum plus benefits, North West England
- Business Development Manager Richmond Fellowship Up to £38K (depending upon experience), Islington, London
- New Business Manager - maternity cover West Kent Housing Association £40,425 per annum pro rata, Sevenoaks, Kent
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- The Co-operative Group and British Gas are among the big winners at the Business Charity Awards
- Camelot chief wants to raise awareness of Lottery's good causes
- Nesta unveils online directory of UK crowdfunding platforms
- DWP ordered to name charities and companies providing 'workfare' placements
- Second charity involved in business rates dispute
- CVS application for judicial review of contract decision is rejected
- Date: Wed 5 Jun 2013 - Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Venue: London
- Date: Thu 6 Jun 2013 - Thu 6 Jun 2013
- Venue: Bishopsgate Institute, London EC2M 4QH
- Date: Tue 18 Jun 2013 - Tue 18 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...