Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity finance professionals on charity accountancy.
Proposed changes to accounting rules could place additional reporting responsibilities on charities. David Ainsworth looks at what's already been decided, and what may yet change
They can sometimes lead to strange decisions, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
There's a lot of accountancy software out there, but what do you need to know to select a product that's appropriate for your organisation? Patrick McCurry canvasses opinion
Pessimism is an important character trait for the effective finance director, says Helen Simmons of the Diocese of London
Finance directors need to worry about cash flow, not the size of the pensions deficit, says Ray Jones of the Charity Commission
Fiona Gordon of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners is determined to encourage excellence in the voluntary sector, writes Joe Lepper
Five years ago, the Sorp guidelines for charities shook up charity accounting. David Morrows, audit director at accountants Beever & Struthers, reflects on its impact.
New public benefit rules fit well with the charity SORP, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
HM Revenue & Customs' latest bid to tackle fraud in the charitable sector has sparked a backlash - but, as David Ainsworth reports, charity fraud of various kinds is a real problem
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chief Executive Officer WPF Therapy £60,000 - £65,000, Bermondsey, London
- UK Community Fundraising Manager Human Relief Foundation £25-30,000 (more for exceptional experience and results), Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK (with travel to other offices including London to manage London Team)
- Director Inspira £50,000 per annum plus benefits, North West England
- Business Development Manager Richmond Fellowship Up to £38K (depending upon experience), Islington, London
- Assistant Head of Research Funding Breakthrough Breast Cancer Circa £40,000, Central London
- The Co-operative Group and British Gas are among the big winners at the Business Charity Awards
- Nesta unveils online directory of UK crowdfunding platforms
- DWP ordered to name charities and companies providing 'workfare' placements
- Second charity involved in business rates dispute
- Big Society Network chief hits back over 'gossip and innuendo'
- Work Programme 'not helping the most disadvantaged unemployed people'
- Date: Wed 5 Jun 2013 - Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Venue: London
- Date: Thu 6 Jun 2013 - Thu 6 Jun 2013
- Venue: Bishopsgate Institute, London EC2M 4QH
- Date: Tue 18 Jun 2013 - Tue 18 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...