Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity finance professionals on charity accountancy.
Proposed changes to accounting rules could place additional reporting responsibilities on charities. David Ainsworth looks at what's already been decided, and what may yet change
They can sometimes lead to strange decisions, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
There's a lot of accountancy software out there, but what do you need to know to select a product that's appropriate for your organisation? Patrick McCurry canvasses opinion
Pessimism is an important character trait for the effective finance director, says Helen Simmons of the Diocese of London
Finance directors need to worry about cash flow, not the size of the pensions deficit, says Ray Jones of the Charity Commission
Fiona Gordon of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners is determined to encourage excellence in the voluntary sector, writes Joe Lepper
Five years ago, the Sorp guidelines for charities shook up charity accounting. David Morrows, audit director at accountants Beever & Struthers, reflects on its impact.
New public benefit rules fit well with the charity SORP, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
HM Revenue & Customs' latest bid to tackle fraud in the charitable sector has sparked a backlash - but, as David Ainsworth reports, charity fraud of various kinds is a real problem
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- HM Revenue & Customs publishes guidance for charities on retail Gift Aid rules
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...