Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity finance professionals on charity accountancy.
Proposed changes to accounting rules could place additional reporting responsibilities on charities. David Ainsworth looks at what's already been decided, and what may yet change
They can sometimes lead to strange decisions, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
There's a lot of accountancy software out there, but what do you need to know to select a product that's appropriate for your organisation? Patrick McCurry canvasses opinion
Pessimism is an important character trait for the effective finance director, says Helen Simmons of the Diocese of London
Finance directors need to worry about cash flow, not the size of the pensions deficit, says Ray Jones of the Charity Commission
Fiona Gordon of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners is determined to encourage excellence in the voluntary sector, writes Joe Lepper
Five years ago, the Sorp guidelines for charities shook up charity accounting. David Morrows, audit director at accountants Beever & Struthers, reflects on its impact.
New public benefit rules fit well with the charity SORP, says Ray Jones, policy accountant at the Charity Commission
HM Revenue & Customs' latest bid to tackle fraud in the charitable sector has sparked a backlash - but, as David Ainsworth reports, charity fraud of various kinds is a real problem
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Appeal and Fundraising Manager Prostate Scotland Salary £31,250 pro rata ., Scotland
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- Do-it will be transferred to a partnership of organisations next Monday
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- HMRC update to fit and proper persons declaration 'is too vague'
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- Date: Sat 7 Dec 2013 - Sat 7 Dec 2013
- Venue: City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
- Date: Thu 12 Dec 2013 - Thu 12 Dec 2013
- Venue: Holborn, London
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...