Changes to the Charity Commission
News, comment and analysis on changes and cuts to the Charity Commission.
New document emphasises prevention of problems and a focus on 'serious risk'
Chief executive Sam Younger launches strategic plan for next three years
Annual public meeting of the regulator, which is facing cuts of a third to its budget, hears chair Dame Suzi Leather say she wants charities to be more self-reliant
Regulator publishes both its resource accounts and annual report today
Charity Commission says it will only investigate cases of 'serious and systemic risk'
Scheme will use sector professionals as consultants on the governance of other charities
The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and Complaint Handling & Investigation Associates will replace the commission's own independent complaints reviewer
Kaye Wiggins lays out its proposals for the future, asks its chair, Dame Suzi Leather, to explain them, and examines how they relate to a consultation with stakeholders and research on public attitudes
The chair of the Charity Commission's talks about how priorities have changed as a result of budget cuts and a strategic review
Report on its strategic review says investigations should concentrate on serious risks and provision of one-to-one advice should shift to sector umbrella bodies
No one came to its last meeting in Liverpool
The watchdog should also concentrate on regulation rather than advice, says the institute's response to consultation
Public and Commercial Services Union says Charity Commission 'has only scratched the surface of wrongdoing'
'Focus energies, improve accountability, lay off the PR', say experts
Regulator consults on plans to cut a quarter of its spending
Chancellor's comprehensive spending review means business as usual is "simply not an option," says Dame Suzi Leather
Commission for the Compact, the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body and Capacitybuilders are among the organisations to be axed
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Appeal and Fundraising Manager Prostate Scotland Salary £31,250 pro rata ., Scotland
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- Do-it will be transferred to a partnership of organisations next Monday
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- Date: Sat 7 Dec 2013 - Sat 7 Dec 2013
- Venue: City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
- Date: Thu 12 Dec 2013 - Thu 12 Dec 2013
- Venue: Holborn, London
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...