Changes to the Charity Commission
News, comment and analysis on changes and cuts to the Charity Commission.
New document emphasises prevention of problems and a focus on 'serious risk'
Chief executive Sam Younger launches strategic plan for next three years
Annual public meeting of the regulator, which is facing cuts of a third to its budget, hears chair Dame Suzi Leather say she wants charities to be more self-reliant
Regulator publishes both its resource accounts and annual report today
Charity Commission says it will only investigate cases of 'serious and systemic risk'
Scheme will use sector professionals as consultants on the governance of other charities
The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and Complaint Handling & Investigation Associates will replace the commission's own independent complaints reviewer
Kaye Wiggins lays out its proposals for the future, asks its chair, Dame Suzi Leather, to explain them, and examines how they relate to a consultation with stakeholders and research on public attitudes
The chair of the Charity Commission's talks about how priorities have changed as a result of budget cuts and a strategic review
Report on its strategic review says investigations should concentrate on serious risks and provision of one-to-one advice should shift to sector umbrella bodies
No one came to its last meeting in Liverpool
The watchdog should also concentrate on regulation rather than advice, says the institute's response to consultation
Public and Commercial Services Union says Charity Commission 'has only scratched the surface of wrongdoing'
'Focus energies, improve accountability, lay off the PR', say experts
Regulator consults on plans to cut a quarter of its spending
Chancellor's comprehensive spending review means business as usual is "simply not an option," says Dame Suzi Leather
Commission for the Compact, the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body and Capacitybuilders are among the organisations to be axed
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Head of Individual Giving St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- 'A lot of misunderstanding and a pervasive cynicism'
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- Big Lottery Fund launches £10m programme to attract social investment
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Nearly all Charity Commission staff received a bonus last year
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...