Changes to the Charity Commission
News, comment and analysis on changes and cuts to the Charity Commission.
New document emphasises prevention of problems and a focus on 'serious risk'
Chief executive Sam Younger launches strategic plan for next three years
Annual public meeting of the regulator, which is facing cuts of a third to its budget, hears chair Dame Suzi Leather say she wants charities to be more self-reliant
Regulator publishes both its resource accounts and annual report today
Charity Commission says it will only investigate cases of 'serious and systemic risk'
Scheme will use sector professionals as consultants on the governance of other charities
The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and Complaint Handling & Investigation Associates will replace the commission's own independent complaints reviewer
Kaye Wiggins lays out its proposals for the future, asks its chair, Dame Suzi Leather, to explain them, and examines how they relate to a consultation with stakeholders and research on public attitudes
The chair of the Charity Commission's talks about how priorities have changed as a result of budget cuts and a strategic review
Report on its strategic review says investigations should concentrate on serious risks and provision of one-to-one advice should shift to sector umbrella bodies
No one came to its last meeting in Liverpool
The watchdog should also concentrate on regulation rather than advice, says the institute's response to consultation
Public and Commercial Services Union says Charity Commission 'has only scratched the surface of wrongdoing'
'Focus energies, improve accountability, lay off the PR', say experts
Regulator consults on plans to cut a quarter of its spending
Chancellor's comprehensive spending review means business as usual is "simply not an option," says Dame Suzi Leather
Commission for the Compact, the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body and Capacitybuilders are among the organisations to be axed
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Trust Fundraiser Dorset Community Foundation £15,000 - 21 hrs per week (0.6 full time equivalent), Bournemouth
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Police in England and Wales record 270 charity fraud allegations in the final quarter of 2013
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- Big Lottery Fund board feared 'sustained drop in income' after Lotto ticket price doubled
- London Marathon runner's death prompts surge in donations to the National Osteoporosis Society
- Cancer Research UK is named official charity of the 2015 London Marathon
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...