Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity finance professionals on investment management for charities.
Ethical investment has grown enormously in recent years and is now central to many charities' policies - but some large ones believe it will damage their financial returns. David Ainsworth examines the state of play
The head of Panahpur tells David Ainsworth it wants to commit all its resources to social finance
An update to guidance for charities on investment has introduced advice to protect them from the risks of the current economic crisis - but also relaxes the rules on social investment. Mathew Little reports
The volatile market has led the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to rethink its investment strategy. Andy Hillier finds out where it is now placing its money
James Brooke Turner of the Nuffield Foundation says charities should set a strategy and stick to it
With interest rates historically low and inflation relatively high, it is a struggle for many charities to maximise their income. As part of our Third Sector Extra on investment, Patrick McCurry reports on how organisations can make their assets work...
Setting up a specialist sub-committee to handle a charity's investments can take the pressure off trustees with limited financial knowledge. But what are the risks of excluding most of the board from the process?
Some UK charities are shifting their investment portfolios from cash to equities in the hunt for higher returns; so why are their counterparts across the Atlantic moving in the opposite direction?
The value of charity investments fell by billions in 2008 but, as David Ainsworth reports, not everyone has been plunged into crisis
Recession is forcing foundations and trusts to re-examine their investments. John Plummer reports on the implications for grant-giving
We asked two investment managers to make the case for investing abroad and for sticking within the UK
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
John Hildebrand On Charity Investment
It's important to match income strategy against risk, says John Hildebrand of Rensburg Sheppards
- What do government cutbacks mean for your investment portfolio?
- It's best to think long term when making predictions
- Signs of growth offer hope to the former Celtic tiger
- Squeezing the most out of your money
- Let me count the ways that charities can boost income
- How can charities keep up with a rise in interest rates?
- 'Real' assets could be a life raft if inflation stays high
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- HM Revenue & Customs publishes guidance for charities on retail Gift Aid rules
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...