IT For Charities
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips on information technology for charity managers and finance professionals.
The Charity Technology Trust chief executive tells David Ainsworth how IT can be a strategic tool
Putting in place an efficient and cost-effective IT system can seem like a daunting and expensive task for many charities. David Ainsworth lists six simple solutions from the specialists, while related articles profile Richard Craig of the Charity Te...
All organisations have to ensure the data they collect is secure, but charities often deal with particularly sensitive information. Mathew Little looks at how they can protect themselves
If you need to make wholesale changes to your IT, there are plenty of sources of good advice, says Anne Stafford of iT4Communities
If you're building a database, it may not be the best option to start from scratch, says Anne Stafford
If you plan to send out bulk emails, don't use your regular system, says Anne Stafford
Online storage is becoming affordable and secure, says Anne Stafford
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
The charity is aiming to cut the power use of its computer systems by over 40 per cent
The charity was able to save money and improve server management and disaster recovery
Duplicates and incomplete information had to be removed
It gives access to a lot of free products, says marketing and IT director Ciaran Rogers
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Fundraising Account Manager NCT £27,000 (£33,750 FTE), W36NH, West London
- Corporate Partnerships Executive CORAM £20,000 - £24,000 per annum inc. LW, London WC1N
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Capping charity chiefs' pay would do 'irreparable damage' to the sector, evidence to MPs' inquiry says
- Fat cats? The bigger picture of senior salaries
- Big society in need of a 'radical review', says think tank
- New £11.5m fund will develop social investment in the north east of England
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Wed 26 Feb 2014 - Wed 26 Feb 2014
- Venue: Tower Hill
- Date: Thu 6 Mar 2014 - Thu 6 Mar 2014
- Venue: King's House Conference Centre, Manchester M1 7HB
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...