Charity Law Extra
When should charities call in lawyers? Should charities take legal action against their public sector paymasters? And what have been the sector's biggest legal blunders? Find out in our charity law special
Members of the Charity Law Association don't always agree with each other, but that makes life interesting, its chair Alison Paines tells Paul Jump
Staying on the right side of the law can be tricky. Paul Jump recalls some of the sector's most serious legal mishaps
Legal questions come up at almost every stage in a charity's development. Mathew Little examines the key hurdles charities must overcome
Charities may be worried about using the law to take on their public sector funders, but such action can be effective. John Plummer reports.
Third Sector's very own Mystic Meg, Rosamund McCarthy, a partner in law firm Bates Wells & Braithwaite, predicts what the future might hold for charity law
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Ministers will legislate to prevent tax relief for charities being used for tax avoidance
- Government to introduce new tax relief for social investment
- NCVO launches scheme to promote volunteering in care homes
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...