Twenty per cuts staffing cuts and the departure of the marketing chief have left the forces charity at a crossroads, says Stephen Cook
Comment & columnists
Comment from Third Sector writers, columnists and experts including Stephen Cook, Peter Stanford, Stephen Pidgeon and Martin Edwards.
The National Audit Office report on Gift Aid is a tale of disappointment, writes Stephen Cook
- Editorial: The boundaries are inspected again
- Editorial: Not whingeing but dissenting
- Editorial: It's a rough time - but not all is gloomy
- Editorial: The charity health sector has the real mega-salaries
- Editorial: the lobbying bill will meet resistance in the Lords
- Editorial: Sound and fury over late filing
If trustees don't think their charity is worth a donation, why should anyone else? Our online guest columnist puts the question in Trustees' Week
Joe Public would be forgiven for thinking that the commission is subliminally telling them not to give to charities, writes our columnist
Work is increasingly short-term and bespoke, and the self-employed are happier and healthier, writes our columnist
The Panel on the Independence of the Voluntary Sector should beware of tired arguments and widen its terms of reference, says our columnist
The Charity Commission's latest figures are more about new entrants to the sector than general financial health, writes our columnist
Without a deep-rooted attachment to a charity's cause you will never convince people to travel with you, writes our columnist
Many PCCs are engaging with the local voluntary sector in innovative ways, writes our columnist
Latest Blogs Posts
Blogs On Third Sector
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- Trustees Alcohol Research UK Voluntary but reasonable expenses can be claimed., National charity with head office in London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- Regulator 'too passive' in approach to Cup Trust, says report
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...