Horrendous levels of stress, ridiculous hours and tough decisions put many women off applying for top roles, writes our columnist
Comment & columnists
Comment from Third Sector writers, columnists and experts including Stephen Cook, Peter Stanford, Stephen Pidgeon and Martin Edwards.
With a likely reduction in voluntary income post-Afghanistan, military charities must shelve organisational pride and look for greater opportunities for consolidation writes Stephen Cook
Aid charities champion democracy overseas, but too few are standing up to the threat on their own doorsteps from the lobbying bill, writes our guest columnist
Those in power don't perceive people who work for charities as influential voters: this should change, writes our columnist
Work is increasingly short-term and bespoke, and the self-employed are happier and healthier, writes our columnist
Food banks allow people to give direct, personal help to the most disadvantaged; this should be celebrated, writes our columnist
We must find better ways of funding our work than taking contracts from companies that either treat people badly or take advantage of the government
Latest Blogs Posts
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Head of Individual Giving St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- 'A lot of misunderstanding and a pervasive cynicism'
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- Big Lottery Fund launches £10m programme to attract social investment
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Nearly all Charity Commission staff received a bonus last year
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...