The cancer charity has enlisted actors including Neil Stuke and Tamzin Outhwaite to feature in a mini-film to coincide with Father's Day
Charity communications and campaigning news, in-depth reporting, best practice, expert advice and discussion, including advertising & publicity, branding & reputation and web sites.
Search ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk for roles in charity campaigning, communications and PR.
Latest Communications Good Practice
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at the Good Agency, gives her tips on how charities can use the app to their benefit
YouGov's Anne Gammon looks at the profile of the armed forces charity since August last year
The healthcare service provider reduced its report to A5 size to make it easier to read
The chief executive of the Media Trust says the sector is jumping at the chance to appear on its television channel
Latest Communications News
- NCVO commissions report into media coverage of the voluntary sector
- Tate director made a companion of honour in Queen's birthday honours list
- National media briefing: Age UK, Plantlife, Kidscape and Target Ovarian Cancer
- More transparency needed in charity campaigning, panel is told
- Most inspiring presentation at Sofii event was about the Aching Arms charity
- Britain's Most Admired Charities voting deadline extended to 3 June
- TeachFirst Google advert ruled 'misleading' by the Advertising Standards Authority
- Monarch Group launches charitable foundation
- National media briefing: Citizens Advice, the Queen's Nursing Institute, Fota Wildlife Park, the National Association for People Abused in Childhood, and the NSPCC
The Children's Society The children's charity allowed volunteers to take over its Twitter feed in aid of Volunteers' Week
National Youth Agency The charity has launched a competition to raise awareness of the contribution youth work makes to society
Global Witness The campaign group, which works to show the links between environmental exploitation and human rights abuses, enlisted the help of the naturalist and comedian Bill Oddie for its latest campaign video
Case study: National Trust The trust's latest campaign focused on celebrating the special places people love to visit
Age UK The charity that helps to support the elderly has launched an interactive video as part of its Care in Crisis campaign
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Communications Comment
Confidence in charities is high but we should not take it for granted, writes our columnist
Stories are the raw truth, after everything else is stripped away, says Martin Edwards
Their success has a vital message for the sector, says our columnist
Can the sector have its cake and eat it too? It is possible to do both, says the strategy director at The Good Agency
The winners: Help for Heroes, Chance UK, Sir Terry Pratchett and Prison Reform Trust's Juliet Lyon.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Rachel Hawkes On Digital Media
Rachel Hawkes: Google+ is going to offer lots of opportunities for charities to connect with supporters
The new social media network might not be open to business just yet, but charities should already be planning how they can use it, says our online columnist
- Rachel Hawkes: Top 10 tips for social media success for charities - part two
- Rachel Hawkes: Top 10 tips for social media success for charities - part one
- Rachel Hawkes: Mainstream social networks have the potential to help raise funds
- Rachel Hawkes: social technologies can help charities fundraise and gain supporters
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Communications Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) £40,000, London
- Communications and Marketing Manager TPP Not for Profit £35000 per annum, Crawley
- Marketing Manager Michael Page £28000 to £30000 per annum, Guildford
- Marketing and Sales Director Michael Page £65000 per annum, West End
- Marketing Executive Michael Page £28000 per annum, West End
- Charity that owed more than £350k to HMRC closes
- HM Prison Peterborough social impact bond has led to a fall in reconvictions, official figures show
- Volunteer centre withdraws from Work Programme because of restrictions on service delivery
- Local authorities should be able to 'de-commission charities at will', says council deputy
- Data on charities' income and spending to be made public from March 2014
- Cup Trust says its £46m Gift Aid claim is 'more than likely to succeed'
- Date: Tue 18 Jun 2013 - Tue 18 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
- Date: Wed 19 Jun 2013 - Wed 19 Jun 2013
- Venue: Hyatt Regency London, The Churchill Hotel, 30 Portman Square, London, W1H 7BH
- Date: Wed 19 Jun 2013 - Wed 19 Jun 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...