Communications Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector communications and PR managers and practitioners, including branding & reputation, advertising & publicity, websites and campaigning for change.
The trust's latest campaign focused on celebrating the special places people love to visit
The aid and development charity has become a 'critical friend' of the major food brands as part of its latest campaign, Behind the Brands
The blood cancer charity's latest advertising campaign targeted an unreceptive audience
Medallist's charity encouraged people to upload their own 'Mobot' videos
Latest Digital Media
The animal welfare charity is running an awareness campaign against repeal of the Hunting Act
The charity has launched a digital fundraising strategy to connect donors directly to humanitarian projects around the world
The men's health charity has launched a campaign to champion 'Mo Bro Heroes' featuring the best moustaches on digital screens throughout the London Underground
The asthma charity has enlisted the help of celebrities such as Chris Tarrant, Barbara Windsor and Bill Bailey for its latest campaign
Campaigning For Change
Interview: Roger Harding The director of communications, policy and campaigns at Shelter says he is working on the charity's emergency Christmas appeal
Interview: John Lehal The managing director of Insight Public Affairs says charities came up with a coherent message to oppose the lobbying bill
Interview: Adrian Thomas The head of external relations at the British Red Cross tells Gemma Quainton about the charity's 150th anniversary campaign
Interview: Libby Leffler The partner manager at Facebook says charities can promote themselves to an audience that's engaged
Interview: Jane Heath The head of communications and marketing at Breast Cancer Care talks to Gemma Quainton about the charity's recent rebrand
Rachel Hawkes On Social Media
Rachel Hawkes: Google+ is going to offer lots of opportunities for charities to connect with supporters
The new social media network might not be open to business just yet, but charities should already be planning how they can use it, says our online columnist
- Rachel Hawkes: Top 10 tips for social media success for charities - part two
- Rachel Hawkes: Top 10 tips for social media success for charities - part one
- Rachel Hawkes: Mainstream social networks have the potential to help raise funds
- Rachel Hawkes: social technologies can help charities fundraise and gain supporters
- Rachel Hawkes: New online regulations will have serious repercussions for charities using social media
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- Trustees Alcohol Research UK Voluntary but reasonable expenses can be claimed., National charity with head office in London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- Regulator 'too passive' in approach to Cup Trust, says report
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...