Communications Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector communications and PR managers and practitioners, including branding & reputation, advertising & publicity, websites and campaigning for change.
YouGov's Gavin Ellison assesses the impact of the international aid charity's recent media activity, which has been driven by the civil war in Syria and Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
YouGov's Gavin Ellison looks at how the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has been viewed by the public during a difficult year
YouGov's Gavin Ellison looks at how the nature charity is viewed by the public
YouGov's Gavin Ellison looks at how the charity is viewed by the public
Latest Digital Media
A short video reimagines the conflict in Syria as if it were happening to a child in London
An animated film has been used by the children's charity to show how lack of food affects many young people around the world
The charity that works in developing countries to prevent blindness is asking the public to upload photographs to a mosaic on its website
The international aid charity sends Lego men to brave natural disasters in a new online game that is intended to show the importance of preparation
Campaigning For Change
Interview: Vivienne Francis The communications director of Prostate Cancer UK says the charity made a decision to 'man up' and make its campaign appeal more directly to men
Interview : Uta Hope The director of fundraising and communications at the veterans mental health charity Combat Stress tells Harriet Crawford how they will be raising awareness around the First World War centenary
Interview: Trevor Morris The PR specialist says some charities will have to get used to not always being loved
Interview: Carolan Davidge Cancer Research UK is making big changes to its core message, says its director of communications
Interview: Chris Yiu The director of digital participation at the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations explains how being online can make a difference to people's lives
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, offers advice on making your charity stand out in just 140 characters
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, on how to best use online networking.
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, looks at how charities can use Facebook
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at The Good Agency, looks at how charities can use wireless communications technology
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at The Good Agency, looks at how charities can use Google+ to their advantage
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
The cancer charity's national coffee mornings are a simple idea, but have raised more than £95m so far
The human rights organisation has revived a series of hard-hitting ads it pioneered in the 1990s
The charity's first legacy campaign brought wills to the forefront
John's Journey, launched by the charity in 2005, was the first of the diary-style sector campaigns
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Director of Business Development Law for Life 28 hours a week, Waterloo, London
- Director of Finance and Administration Afghanaid circa £45,000, Afghanistan
- Head of Policy, Research and Public Affairs Shelter £49,053 pa plus excellent benefits, London, EC1
- Public Affairs Officer British Heart Foundation £28,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and benefits, London NW1
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Cabinet Office awards grant to Charityworks to develop sector talent
- Muslim charity event at Legoland cancelled after threats from far-right groups
- Lloyds Bank will donate £1m a year to credit unions
- Navca asks Healthwatch England to make sure local health and wellbeing boards include the voluntary sector
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...