Communications Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector communications and PR managers and practitioners, including branding & reputation, advertising & publicity, websites and campaigning for change.
The sexual and reproductive healthcare charity does not spend a lot of money or energy on profile-raising to boost public donations, but its brand is in positive shape, according to YouGov's Briony Gunstone
YouGov's Gavin Ellison assesses the impact of the international aid charity's recent media activity, which has been driven by the civil war in Syria and Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
YouGov's Gavin Ellison looks at how the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has been viewed by the public during a difficult year
YouGov's Gavin Ellison looks at how the nature charity is viewed by the public
Latest Digital Media
More than three-quarters of people in the UK know little or nothing about Parkinson's, so the charity has launched an online video to help them recognise and support those with the condition
Miniature girl guides made from Lego staged a 'takeover' of the youth charity's head office, website and social media feeds for April Fools Day
The knife crime prevention charity and the international aid organisation have created a video that shows young people how to provide life-saving first aid to someone with a knife wound
The environmental charity's Big Picture campaign lets people see their photographs on a big screen at Waterloo station in London in exchange for donations
Campaigning For Change
Interview: Neil Wissink The senior photography officer at Water Aid talks about how great images can make a charity stand out from the crowd
Interview: Greg Phitidis The founder of the agency who devised the controversial 'I wish I had breast cancer' adverts for Pancreatic Cancer Action says they were truthful and had the right impact
Interview: Amanda Levy The vice-president of sales at Change.org tells us how the non-profit social enterprise encourages its users to petition governments and companies to be responsive and accountable
Interview: Vivienne Francis The communications director of Prostate Cancer UK says the charity made a decision to 'man up' and make its campaign appeal more directly to men
Interview : Uta Hope The director of fundraising and communications at the veterans mental health charity Combat Stress tells Harriet Crawford how they will be raising awareness around the First World War centenary
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, looks at how charities can use campaigns which span both social media and the real world
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, offers advice on making your charity stand out in just 140 characters
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, on how to best use online networking.
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, looks at how charities can use Facebook
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at The Good Agency, looks at how charities can use wireless communications technology
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
The organisation's Dumb Animals campaign made wearing fur socially unacceptable and was an early example of consumer-driven campaigning
We look at how the lifeboat charity launched the first-ever street collection for a charitable cause in 1891
The cancer charity's national coffee mornings are a simple idea, but have raised more than £95m so far
The human rights organisation has revived a series of hard-hitting ads it pioneered in the 1990s
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Blind Veterans UK chief executive Robert Leader dies
- Bristol youth charity insists Banksy art piece was intended as a gift
- 'No credible evidence of criminality' by Lutfur Rahman, say police
- Food bank charity reports surge in donations after critical newspaper report
- Sense examines allegations that one of its runners cheated in the London Marathon
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Date: Wed 7 May 2014 - Wed 7 May 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...