News, anaysis and comment on the Compact between the Government and the voluntary sector.
Voluntary sector organisations should give their views by 18 November on the workings of the agreement on public-voluntary sector relations
The chair of Compact Voice says the Compact agreement on relations between public and voluntary sectors remains worthwhile, despite breaches
The future of the Compact is bleak, the head of the soon-to-be-defunct Commission for the Compact tells John Plummer
The record of three axed sector programmes is praised by some but gets the thumbs-down from sector minister Nick Hurd. John Plummer reports
Head of the Commission for the Compact, which is being abolished, fears the new arrangements to protect the agreement are 'dysfunctional'
Criticism by senior National Audit Office employee is dismissed by government as 'nonsense'
Two new part-time members of staff will provide expertise outside London
Civil society minister announces that ombudsmen and National Audit Office will be involved in policing the latest version of the document governing relations between public and voluntary sectors
Consultation period reduced to six weeks because of October's comprehensive spending review
Commission for the Compact says there are not enough measures to protect smaller charities or infrastructure
Commission for the Compact, the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body and Capacitybuilders are among the organisations to be axed
Promised new proposals on the agreement between the voluntary and public sectors fail to materialise before end of consultation period
List of 177 organisations to be abolished also includes the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body
Ministers Francis Maude and Nick Hurd also write to sector asking for cost-saving ideas
She says the refreshed version does not remedy its opaqueness
But Prime Minister says nothing about statutory powers for Commission for the Compact
But Cabinet Office says third sector minister is '100 per cent committed to the refreshed Compact' despite declining to go the a Compact meeting at London Zoo
Third sector minister will not be present at the annual Compact meeting next week because she is a patron of the Captive Animals' Protection Society
Campaign research programme abandoned without warning
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Relations Co-ordinator Peterborough Environment City Trust £24,000-£28,000 per annum, Peterborough
- Senior Campaigns Officer UKHCA Circa £34,000, South West London
- Head of People The Scout Association Competitive, Chingford, East London
- Chief Executive STEPS Dependent upon experience, Cheshire
- Chief Executive Southampton Solent Students' Union Salary range £37,894 - £42,652 per annum plus attractive benefits, Southampton
- Charity that owed more than £350k to HMRC closes
- HM Prison Peterborough social impact bond has led to a fall in reconvictions, official figures show
- Data on charities' income and spending to be made public from March 2014
- Local authorities should be able to 'de-commission charities at will', says council deputy
- Oxfam's former anti-fraud manager charged with defrauding the charity
- Government appoints first social value ambassador
- Date: Thu 20 Jun 2013 - Fri 21 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
- Date: Thu 20 Jun 2013 - Thu 20 Jun 2013
- Venue: Southwark Cathedral, London Bridge
- Date: Tue 25 Jun 2013 - Tue 25 Jun 2013
- Venue: Brewin Dolphin, 12 Smithfield Street, London EC1A 9LA
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...