News, anaysis and comment on the Compact between the Government and the voluntary sector.
Voluntary sector organisations should give their views by 18 November on the workings of the agreement on public-voluntary sector relations
The chair of Compact Voice says the Compact agreement on relations between public and voluntary sectors remains worthwhile, despite breaches
The future of the Compact is bleak, the head of the soon-to-be-defunct Commission for the Compact tells John Plummer
The record of three axed sector programmes is praised by some but gets the thumbs-down from sector minister Nick Hurd. John Plummer reports
Head of the Commission for the Compact, which is being abolished, fears the new arrangements to protect the agreement are 'dysfunctional'
Criticism by senior National Audit Office employee is dismissed by government as 'nonsense'
Two new part-time members of staff will provide expertise outside London
Civil society minister announces that ombudsmen and National Audit Office will be involved in policing the latest version of the document governing relations between public and voluntary sectors
Consultation period reduced to six weeks because of October's comprehensive spending review
Commission for the Compact says there are not enough measures to protect smaller charities or infrastructure
Commission for the Compact, the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body and Capacitybuilders are among the organisations to be axed
Promised new proposals on the agreement between the voluntary and public sectors fail to materialise before end of consultation period
List of 177 organisations to be abolished also includes the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body
Ministers Francis Maude and Nick Hurd also write to sector asking for cost-saving ideas
She says the refreshed version does not remedy its opaqueness
But Prime Minister says nothing about statutory powers for Commission for the Compact
But Cabinet Office says third sector minister is '100 per cent committed to the refreshed Compact' despite declining to go the a Compact meeting at London Zoo
Third sector minister will not be present at the annual Compact meeting next week because she is a patron of the Captive Animals' Protection Society
Campaign research programme abandoned without warning
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Head of Individual Giving St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- 'A lot of misunderstanding and a pervasive cynicism'
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- Big Lottery Fund launches £10m programme to attract social investment
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Nearly all Charity Commission staff received a bonus last year
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...