Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to the questions we are asked most frequently:
Why can't I access certain content?
Only full subscribers, and members of the Institute of Fundraising, CFDG or Acevo, can access all content on Third Sector. View the different subscription options and what they give you.
How does that differ from registration and what does registration give?
Registration to Third Sector is free and everybody who works in the voluntary sector or a social enterprise, or who needs to follow what is going on in the sector, is invited to sign up. Registration lets you:
- Read 10 articles free per month
- Sign up for email bulletins
- Comment on articles and participate in the forums and blogs
You can register here.
How do I sign in to the site?
Please go to the Sign in page. You will be asked for your email address and your password.
I’m a subscriber. Why can’t I sign in?
In order to sign in, subscribers must first activate their web account on the account activation page. You will be asked for your email address, your Reader/Reference Number and your Subscriber Number (to prove you are a genuine subscriber). These are printed on all correspondence to do with your subscription to Third Sector.
If you can’t find your Reader/Reference Number and your Subscriber Number, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Once you have answered the questions you will be sent a verification email. You must click on the link in the email to complete your account activation. Once you have done so you will be able to sign in to the site and access all content, including the full archive of more than 30,000 articles.
I am a member of the Institute of Fundraising, CFDG or Acevo. What should I do to gain access?
Institute of Fundraising, CFDG or Acevo members need to activate their accounts on the site in order to be able to sign in. Visit the Institute of Fundraising member registration page, the CFDG member registration page or the Acevo member registration page. You will be asked for your email address and your membership number. If you do not have your membership number then you should contact the relevant organisation to obtain it.
Once you have answered the questions you will be sent a verification email. You must click on the link in the email to complete your account activation. Once you have done so you will be able to sign in to the site and access all content.
Do I have to sign in each time I visit the site?
No. If you check the 'remember me' checkbox when you sign in, you will not be asked to sign in next time, unless you click to “Sign out” or visit from a different computer.
I have forgotten my password.
If you have forgotten your password, you can request a password reminder by email.
I am having problems signing in or activating my account. Is there anybody I can contact?
You can contact the Third Sector customer support team at
email@example.com or by calling 020 8267 8121.
Can I change my password or email address?
Once you are signed in to the site you can manage your account details, including your email address and password. To do this, visit My Third Sector. You can change the following information in My Third Sector:
- Email address
- Bulletin subscriptions
I have a sensory impairment. Is the site accessible to me?
Third Sector aims to be accessible to all user groups. The site incorporates various features to enhance navigation for screen reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers. See here for full accessibility information.
What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a small text file that is stored by your internet browser on your computer's hard drive.
It enables us to identify our registered users without having to ask for registration details every time you access Third Sector.
Using cookies makes accessing the site much quicker for you because you do not need to remember your username and password each time you access the site.
Which web browsers can use Third Sector?
On Windows PCs: Internet Explorer 6.x +, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
On Mac: Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Blind Veterans UK chief executive Robert Leader dies
- Food bank charity reports surge in donations after critical newspaper report
- Sense examines allegations that one of its runners cheated in the London Marathon
- Government launches fund for volunteer-based projects for the elderly
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service will not appeal against fine for security flaw
- Charity Commission chair says Islamic extremism is potentially its 'most deadly' problem
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Date: Wed 7 May 2014 - Wed 7 May 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...