It is much more cost-effective to nurture existing supporters than to find new ones, so don't allow them to drop off the radar, writes our columnist
Charity fundraising news, in-depth reporting, best practice, expert advice and discussion, including digital fundraising, legacy fundraising, trust fundtraising, street fundraising, direct marketing, corporate partnerships, events and fundraising codes of practice.
Looking for fundraising jobs? Search thirdsectorjobs.co.uk.
Latest fundraising good practice
A recent ruling means charities could see an increase in claims brought by aggrieved relatives - but so far the courts appear to be taking a common-sense approach
Paul Streets, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about its new grant-making strategy
Jason Harrison, the head of fundraising and communications at the charity group that supports education professionals, takes us behind the scenes of the fundraising team
The children's charity links up with the supermarket chain
Latest fundraising news
- FRSB asks members for more detail on complaints after rise in 2012/13
- Demonstrating the effect of charity work would increase giving, affluent donors say
- Government should tighten definition of a charity shop, say MPs
- Legacy income increased by 3.8 per cent last year, figures show
- Charitable donations made by direct debit rose by 4.5 per cent to £1.17bn last year
- Tesco and Diabetes UK extend partnership
- Richard Handover to chair Big Lottery Fund's Power to Change programme
- Scrap 'good cause' minimum from society lottery proceeds, Tory MP says
- MP warns against praising wealthy donors only
- 'Skip' option will be available to text donors from next month
Latest Fundraising Comment
Food banks allow people to give direct, personal help to the most disadvantaged; this should be celebrated, writes our columnist
The campaign is more about establishing another date in the fundraising calendar than raising awareness of alcohol-exacerbated diseases, writes the fundraising manager at the Kenward Trust
The National Audit Office report on Gift Aid is a tale of disappointment, writes Stephen Cook
The Charity Commission's latest figures are more about new entrants to the sector than general financial health, writes our columnist
Cathryn Pender, grants director at the trust, talks to Jenna Pudelek about funding organisations that improve the lives of children through education
Our Fundraising Team
Helen Vost, director of fundraising at the charity that supports young people through sports, takes us behind the scenes of the fundraising team
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE INSTITUTE OF FUNDRAISING?
If so please read this message from
All IoF members who are registered on ThirdSector.co.uk are entitled to full access to all parts of the website.
This arrangement formally ended on 31 January, but Third Sector has decided to extend it for THREE MONTHS until 30 April 2014 .
From that date all IoF members registered on the site will be offered a full personal subscription to the website at a special price of £9.99 + VAT.
Most IoF members have already registered. But if you have not yet done so please register now to gain full and free access until 30 April and benefit from the reduced subscription in future.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Volunteer Development Manager Hillingdon Women's Centre £25,580 annually, Hillingdon Circus, West London
- Head of Key Relationships Action Planning circa £40,000, Swindon
- Head of Fundraising Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery Trust Up to £37,000, Carlisle, Cumbria
- Director of Communications and Fundraising Changing Lives Competitive salary , Gateshead
- Head of Fundraising Ayrshire Hospice £30,000 - £40,000, Ayrshire
- Eyewitness: 'a lot of misunderstanding and a pervasive cynicism'
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- Big Lottery Fund launches £10m programme to attract social investment
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Nearly all Charity Commission staff received a bonus last year
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London