Fundraising Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector fundraisers, including digital, corporate, trust and street fundraising, direct marketing and events.
Fundraising case studies
The charity's TLC Text-to-Get campaign is taking a sensitive approach to new donors
The charity's Dry January campaign has experienced a surge in support
The children's charity has created an appeal to raise awareness of the number of children who go hungry
The animal charity's Dodo video was designed to inspire a new generation of donors
Some trustees and chief executives view fundraising as an embarrassing black art, writes our columnist
Business partner: The British Red Cross and Jaguar Land Rover There is £15m of support for projects run by the aid charity and its partners over the next five years
Business partner: Morrisons and Save the Children The children's charity links up with the supermarket chain
Business partner: Alzheimer's Society and Lloyds Banking Group The charity that supports people with Alzheimer's links up with the banking group
Corporate partnership case study: Pieminister and Send a Cow For every item sold, the Bristol-based pie maker will donate 10p to the development charity, which hopes to raise £40,000 to set up 30 farms in African countries
Business partner: Parkinson's UK and Tile Giant The retailer links up with the charity that supports people with Parkinson's
It is much more cost-effective to nurture existing supporters than to find new ones, so don't allow them to drop off the radar, writes our columnist
Wendy Mitchell is head of policy and public affairs at the Charity Retail Association Cuts to charitable income are regrettable. We understand that councils are under financial pressure, but it's important that they take into account the soci...
Camelot says the minimum contribution they make to charities should rise and their costs be capped at 15 per cent
Research by nfpSynergy shows that explaining how organisations use donations could result in more support
Joe Saxton of nfpSynergy told the Growing Giving inquiry that the sector should focus instead on normal legacies
Profiles and grants criteria of charitable foundations.
Paul Streets, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about its new grant-making strategy
Cathryn Pender, grants director at the trust, talks to Jenna Pudelek about funding organisations that improve the lives of children through education
Paul Ramsbottom, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about seeking applications from under-represented regions
David Farnsworth, chief grants officer at the charity, says the trust recently became London's biggest grant-maker
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Director of Business Development Law for Life 28 hours a week, Waterloo, London
- Director of Finance and Administration Afghanaid circa £45,000, Afghanistan
- Head of Policy, Research and Public Affairs Shelter £49,053 pa plus excellent benefits, London, EC1
- Public Affairs Officer British Heart Foundation £28,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and benefits, London NW1
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Grayling attack on campaigning 'shows lack of understanding of the sector'
- Cabinet Office awards grant to Charityworks to develop sector talent
- Muslim charity event at Legoland cancelled after threats from far-right groups
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...