Fundraising Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector fundraisers, including digital, corporate, trust and street fundraising, direct marketing and events.
Fundraising case studies
The charity's Dare to Bare campaign used good, clean nudity to raise more than £10,000
The international development charity has devised a simple campaign to suit the festive season
The charity's TLC Text-to-Get campaign is taking a sensitive approach to new donors
The charity's Dry January campaign has experienced a surge in support
Fundraisers must give clear information about the percentage of income that goes directly to the cause - the figures are vastly higher than the public believes them to be, writes Stephen Pidgeon
Business partner: Legal & General and the Stroke Association The financial services company sponsors the charity's Action on Stroke Month in May
Business partner: Pentel and Prostate Cancer UK The charity that supports people with prostate cancer links up with the stationery producer to give its cause-related marketing a boost
Business partner: The British Red Cross and Jaguar Land Rover There is £15m of support for projects run by the aid charity and its partners over the next five years
Business partner: Morrisons and Save the Children The children's charity links up with the supermarket chain
Business partner: Alzheimer's Society and Lloyds Banking Group The charity that supports people with Alzheimer's links up with the banking group
It is much more cost-effective to nurture existing supporters than to find new ones, so don't allow them to drop off the radar, writes our columnist
The demise of the annual UK Giving survey raises the question of what charities get out of projects on this scale. Here, three experts discuss their views
Wendy Mitchell is head of policy and public affairs at the Charity Retail Association Cuts to charitable income are regrettable. We understand that councils are under financial pressure, but it's important that they take into account the soci...
Camelot says the minimum contribution they make to charities should rise and their costs be capped at 15 per cent
Research by nfpSynergy shows that explaining how organisations use donations could result in more support
Profiles and grants criteria of charitable foundations.
The grant-making arm of landfill operator Veolia gives between £4m and £5m a year to community and voluntary organisations that benefit communities living near landfill sites
Paul Streets, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about its new grant-making strategy
Cathryn Pender, grants director at the trust, talks to Jenna Pudelek about funding organisations that improve the lives of children through education
Paul Ramsbottom, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about seeking applications from under-represented regions
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Blind Veterans UK chief executive Robert Leader dies
- Bristol youth charity insists Banksy art piece was intended as a gift
- Food bank charity reports surge in donations after critical newspaper report
- 'No credible evidence of criminality' by Lutfur Rahman, say police
- Sense examines allegations that one of its runners cheated in the London Marathon
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Date: Wed 7 May 2014 - Wed 7 May 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...