Fundraising Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector fundraisers, including digital, corporate, trust and street fundraising, direct marketing and events.
Fundraising case studies
The children's charity has created an appeal to raise awareness of the number of children who go hungry
The animal charity's Dodo video was designed to inspire a new generation of donors
The charity's campaign to save Britain's declining bee population has captured the imagination of more than 20,000 new donors so far
Clinical staff at the charity in south London took part in a telethon
Fundraising has barely progressed over six or seven years and it's time to revisit the fundamentals of our trade, writes our columnist
Business partner: Parkinson's UK and Tile Giant The retailer links up with the charity that supports people with Parkinson's
Business partner: The MND Association and the Midlands Co-operative Society The charity that supports people with motor neurone disease linked up with a regional consumer cooperative
Business partner: Macmillan Cancer Support and Nationwide Building Society The cancer support charity links up with the building society
Business partner: O2 and Nordoff Robbins O2 sponsors the Silver Clef Awards of the music therapy charity Nordoff Robbins - previous winners have included the singer Kylie Minogue
Business partner: Barnardo's and Jewson The children's charity links up with the builders merchant
We should support the initiative in spite of its mixed press, writes our columnist
Joe Saxton of nfpSynergy told the Growing Giving inquiry that the sector should focus instead on normal legacies
The young people's charity YouthNet recently hosted an event about the changing nature of corporate link-ups
The government has published its response to a consultation on how to get more employers and staff involved
The Treasury has launched a consultation on proposals to simplify the scheme for donors giving online
Profiles and grants criteria of charitable foundations.
Paul Ramsbottom, chief executive of the foundation, talks to Jenna Pudelek about seeking applications from under-represented regions
David Farnsworth, chief grants officer at the charity, says the trust recently became London's biggest grant-maker
Clare McKeown, head of fundraising and regional development at the childhood bereavement charity, takes us behind the scenes of the fundraising team
Co-founder Adam Pike tells Jenna Pudelek that the social enterprise allows young professionals to pool their wealth
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Appeal and Fundraising Manager Prostate Scotland Salary £31,250 pro rata ., Scotland
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- Regulator 'too passive' in approach to Cup Trust, says report
- Date: Sat 7 Dec 2013 - Sat 7 Dec 2013
- Venue: City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
- Date: Thu 12 Dec 2013 - Thu 12 Dec 2013
- Venue: Holborn, London
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...