Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
Lawyer Patricia Kempson suggests that relaxing the present requirements might give trustees a greater sense of their own responsibilities
Facts and figures from the Charity Commission's records
Recently I chaired a panel session at People Power, a campaigning and activism conference, entitled "Do charities still speak truth to power?" Since then I have been wondering whose "truth" it referred to, where the power lies and whether we, as boar...
Sian Edwards, director of the trust, says it looks for inspirational founders that have strong ideas
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
Stephen Ballantyne, the director of fundraising at the charity for children with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions, takes us behind the scenes of the fundraising team
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
Expecting staff to work for their own charity on top of their usual hours is tantamount to blackmail, says Valerie Morton
If you ignore small examples of poor performance, the problem will get bigger, says our columnist
Latest Finance Good Practice
Public trust in charities will help them to win contracts, writes Ray Jones
Latest Governance Good Practice
By governance expert Mike Hudson
Latest Communications Good Practice
The trust's latest campaign focused on celebrating the special places people love to visit
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chief Executive Officer WPF Therapy £60,000 - £65,000, Bermondsey, London
- UK Community Fundraising Manager Human Relief Foundation £25-30,000 (more for exceptional experience and results), Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK (with travel to other offices including London to manage London Team)
- Director Inspira £50,000 per annum plus benefits, North West England
- Business Development Manager Richmond Fellowship Up to £38K (depending upon experience), Islington, London
- Assistant Head of Research Funding Breakthrough Breast Cancer Circa £40,000, Central London
- The Co-operative Group and British Gas are among the big winners at the Business Charity Awards
- Nesta unveils online directory of UK crowdfunding platforms
- DWP ordered to name charities and companies providing 'workfare' placements
- Second charity involved in business rates dispute
- Work Programme 'not helping the most disadvantaged unemployed people'
- CVS application for judicial review of contract decision is rejected
- Date: Wed 5 Jun 2013 - Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Venue: London
- Date: Thu 6 Jun 2013 - Thu 6 Jun 2013
- Venue: Bishopsgate Institute, London EC2M 4QH
- Date: Tue 18 Jun 2013 - Tue 18 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...