Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
No chief executive wants to give bad news or ask staff to work harder for less, writes Gill Taylor
Without a deep-rooted attachment to a charity's cause you will never convince people to travel with you, writes our columnist
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
The children's charity has created an appeal to raise awareness of the number of children who go hungry
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
How many good causes can anyone usefully help, asks our columnist Martin Edwards
The outgoing chief executive of the Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation offers advice about being a woman leader in the sector
Latest Finance Good Practice
Social investors that offer capital at the 'wrong' price are playing a valuable role, but they will not be sustainable, writes our columnist
Latest Governance Good Practice
Facts and figures from the Charity Commission's records
Latest Communications Good Practice
The charity's first legacy campaign brought wills to the forefront
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Ministers will legislate to prevent tax relief for charities being used for tax avoidance
- More than half of people 'would donate more if the process was easier'
- Government to introduce new tax relief for social investment
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...