Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
The staff of individual charities are rarely going to be the most passionate supporters of mergers. Unless there is support from trustees and policymakers, consolidation is unlikely, writes our columnist
Figures from the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator's records
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
Maintaining a tidy donor database and getting the tone right in communications can keep first-time fundraisers interested in a charity, writes Mark Roy
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
Religion can be a divisive subject among charity staff - but sometimes it's better just to keep the peace and save our energy for providing services to our service users, writes Martin Edwards
Emma De Vita reviews the new book by Dr Jack Lewis and Adrian Webster, which tells readers how to optimise their brain power
Latest Finance Good Practice
To build a new financial market means supporting investors who take a long-term, values-oriented and client-centred view. Not-for-profits should resist the temptation of attractive rates at high-street banks, writes Rodney Schwartz
Latest Governance Good Practice
The Society Network Foundation's diversion of leftover money is under scrutiny. Laura Soley, pictured, says it is a frequent misconception that getting the donor's permission to make the change is all that is required
Latest Communications Good Practice
The organisation's Dumb Animals campaign made wearing fur socially unacceptable and was an early example of consumer-driven campaigning
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Debra Allcock Tyler questions experience of new Charity Commission chief executive
- Charity Commission appoints Paula Sussex as its next chief executive
- Charity Commission board member will lead Birmingham schools investigation
- Blind Veterans UK chief executive Robert Leader dies
- Bristol youth charity insists Banksy art piece was intended as a gift
- 'No credible evidence of criminality' by Lutfur Rahman, say police
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...