Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
The concept is going through a renaissance thanks to Movember and Cancer Research UK's Dryathlon. Our columnist offers his advice on making your awareness day a success
The chief executive of CRI says larger and smaller partners have learned from each other after a merger
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
A recent ruling means charities could see an increase in claims brought by aggrieved relatives - but so far the courts appear to be taking a common-sense approach
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
Valerie Morton advises on maintaining good governance in organisations where there is a culture of 'rubber stamping'
Emma De Vita reviews the latest book by Stephen Frost, who was responsible for diversity and inclusion at the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
Latest Finance Good Practice
Charities should be clear on when they might need funds to be made available and the amount of risk they can afford, writes Peter Gotham
Latest Governance Good Practice
Facts and figures from the Charity Commission's records
Latest Communications Good Practice
Charlotte Beckett, head of digital at Four Communications, offers advice on making your charity stand out in just 140 characters
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Public Affairs Officer British Heart Foundation £28,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and benefits, London NW1
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Grayling attack on campaigning 'shows lack of understanding of the sector'
- Cabinet Office awards grant to Charityworks to develop sector talent
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...