Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
The 'helper's high' is a real and deserved phenomenon, says our columnist
Kate Rogers looks at how the sector has changed in her year of maternity leave
Hannah Kubie and Helena Wilkinson discuss the pressures that cause the problem
The chief executive of the Dogs Trust talks to Gemma O'Reilly about how her Christmas catchphrase has stood the test of time
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
The children's charity has created an appeal to raise awareness of the number of children who go hungry
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
No chief executive wants to give bad news or ask staff to work harder for less, writes Gill Taylor
How many good causes can anyone usefully help, asks our columnist Martin Edwards
Latest Finance Good Practice
Social investors that offer capital at the 'wrong' price are playing a valuable role, but they will not be sustainable, writes our columnist
Latest Governance Good Practice
Without a deep-rooted attachment to a charity's cause you will never convince people to travel with you, writes our columnist
Latest Communications Good Practice
The charity's first legacy campaign brought wills to the forefront
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Partnerships Executive CORAM £20,000 - £24,000 per annum inc. LW, London WC1N
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Comic Relief invested millions in companies contrary to its mission, TV report alleges
- Save the Children 'avoided criticising corporate donors', former head of news alleges
- Capping charity chiefs' pay would do 'irreparable damage' to the sector, evidence to MPs' inquiry says
- Big society in need of a 'radical review', says think tank
- NCVO launches scheme to promote volunteering in care homes
- Date: Wed 29 Jan 2014 - Thu 30 Jan 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Wed 26 Feb 2014 - Wed 26 Feb 2014
- Venue: Tower Hill
- Date: Thu 6 Mar 2014 - Thu 6 Mar 2014
- Venue: King's House Conference Centre, Manchester M1 7HB
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...