Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
Maintaining a tidy donor database and getting the tone right in communications can keep first-time fundraisers interested in a charity, writes Mark Roy
Justine Ruggles, the head of fundraising at the charity that provides care to those with life-limiting illnesses, takes us behind the scenes of the fundraising team
To build a new financial market means supporting investors who take a long-term, values-oriented and client-centred view. Not-for-profits should resist the temptation of attractive rates at high-street banks, writes Rodney Schwartz
The organisation's Dumb Animals campaign made wearing fur socially unacceptable and was an early example of consumer-driven campaigning
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
The financial services company sponsors the charity's Action on Stroke Month in May
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
Religion can be a divisive subject among charity staff - but sometimes it's better just to keep the peace and save our energy for providing services to our service users, writes Martin Edwards
Emma De Vita reviews the new book by Dr Jack Lewis and Adrian Webster, which tells readers how to optimise their brain power
Latest Finance Good Practice
The finance director of Vista, the charity that supports people with sight loss, says his role is about more than just numbers
Latest Governance Good Practice
The Society Network Foundation's diversion of leftover money is under scrutiny. Laura Soley, pictured, says it is a frequent misconception that getting the donor's permission to make the change is all that is required
Latest Communications Good Practice
The senior photography officer at Water Aid talks about how great images can make a charity stand out from the crowd
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Chief Executive - Aberdeen University Students' Association Aberdeen University Students' Association Up to £65,000 + 33 holiday days + 8 bank hols + benefits, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Head of Research Operations Arthritis Research UK £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Policy and Advocacy Manager The Ramblers' Association £33,160 - £44,686 per annum (depending on experience), Vauxhall
- Sector disappointed by Guardian decision to end free online volunteering adverts
- Charity Commission's financial situation is 'unsustainable', chair says
- Charities set to benefit from record-breaking donations at Sunday's London Marathon
- Nicky Morgan retains charity and voluntary sector ministerial brief after promotion
- Maria Miller donates ministerial pay-off to local autism charity
- Half of charities say they have improved transparency, says report
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 23 Apr 2014 - Wed 23 Apr 2014
- Venue: Westminster
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...