Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers and practitioners, including fundraising, finance, governance and communications.
Latest Good Practice
The trust's latest campaign focused on celebrating the special places people love to visit
Expecting staff to work for their own charity on top of their usual hours is tantamount to blackmail, says Valerie Morton
In the wake of the Disasters Emergency Committee's Syria appeal, YouGov's Anne Gammon looks at the public's perception of three of the DEC's charities
The tea company continues its partnership with the children's charity.
Latest Fundraising Good Practice
Agencies are often treated unfairly by charities, writes our columnist
Follow the changes to the infrastructure and capacity of the UK voluntary sector and its support organisations.
How charities can measure and communicate their impact on their cause area.
Latest Management Good Practice
If you ignore small examples of poor performance, the problem will get bigger, says our columnist
The majority of people in our sector are engaged in a decent struggle to make this land a better place, says Martin Edwards
Latest Finance Good Practice
Conditions for charities should improve our time, but they should not expect a quick fix, says John Hildebrand
Latest Governance Good Practice
By governance expert Mike Hudson
Latest Communications Good Practice
The new chair of trustees at the Sheila McKechnie Foundation says campaigners are a force for good and need strong support
Charity Finance Skills Zone
Expert advice and tips in specialist areas
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers. Plus case studies of who has merged and why.
Expert advice & case studies on using digital media to campaign for change and communicate with supporters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Big Lottery Fund grants £67m to advice charities
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...