Governance Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector chairs and trustees, including changes to the Charity Commission and charity law, legal forms and regulation & regulatory action.
By governance expert Ruth Lesirge
Latest Charity Law
A recent ruling means charities could see an increase in claims brought by aggrieved relatives - but so far the courts appear to be taking a common-sense approach
The out-of-court agreement was frustrating for some lawyers, reports Sam Burne James
Does the charity tribunal process benefit or suffer from such external interventions?
Guidance on how charity law applies to sports clubs is long overdue, lawyers argue
People see charities as repositories of good sense in a world hounded by political dogma about privatisation and public services
- Peter Stanford: More pressure on trustees could deter the good ones
- Peter Stanford: Why I decided against going back to chairing a charity
- Peter Stanford: How the Damian McBride 'event' has damaged Cafod
- Peter Stanford: Time off for trustees? Nice idea, but rather unrealistic
- Peter Stanford: Muddle and poor research surround executives' pay
- Peter Stanford: Enough tough talk - what we need is practical help
- Peter Stanford: Trustees who fail to tackle fraud let the charity down
- Peter Stanford: Six puzzling appointments suggest something is afoot
- Peter Stanford: Falling from grace should not rule you out as a trustee
- Peter Stanford: Shawcross's ordeal brings back my own memories
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Fundraiser Spires £25,000 (negotiable for the right candidate), Streatham
- Chief Executive Harvey Nash c£80k, Crawley
- Chief Executive CTC- The National Cycling Organisation £72,500pa, Based in Guildford, Surrey
- Head of Community Fundraising St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Head of Individual Giving St. Joseph's Hospice Salary: Band 7 £36,916 - £46,837 per annum inclusive, London
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- Big Lottery Fund launches £10m programme to attract social investment
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Are forces charities too 'old-fashioned' to change their ways?
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...