Governance Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector chairs and trustees, including changes to the Charity Commission and charity law, legal forms and regulation & regulatory action.
By governance expert Ruth Lesirge
Latest Charity Law
Guidance on how charity law applies to sports clubs is long overdue, lawyers argue
Jo Coleman, partner at IBB Solicitors, says many charities believe an internal review of a Charity Commission decision offers a quicker resolution than appealing to the charity tribunal
Lord Hodgson's Charities Act review went some way to addressing the challenge of legislating for different sized charities, says our columnist
CIO legislation is set to go before parliament in autumn - but will it meet expectations?
Without a deep-rooted attachment to a charity's cause you will never convince people to travel with you, writes our columnist
- Peter Stanford: How the Damian McBride 'event' has damaged Cafod
- Peter Stanford: Time off for trustees? Nice idea, but rather unrealistic
- Peter Stanford: Muddle and poor research surround executives' pay
- Peter Stanford: Enough tough talk - what we need is practical help
- Peter Stanford: Trustees who fail to tackle fraud let the charity down
- Peter Stanford: Six puzzling appointments suggest something is afoot
- Peter Stanford: Falling from grace should not rule you out as a trustee
- Peter Stanford: Shawcross's ordeal brings back my own memories
- Peter Stanford: 'Loose and baggy' defines the sector perfectly
- Peter Stanford: Religious charities will pay the price of discrimination
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- Trustees Alcohol Research UK Voluntary but reasonable expenses can be claimed., National charity with head office in London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...