The Fundraiser's Toolkit - Legacy Fundraising
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips on legacy fundraising for charities.
How one man's complaint about bids for a share of a legacy has prompted some charities to review their policies about contacting executors
A poll by Clic Sargent showed that 32 per cent of 50 to 75-year-olds with wills would consider leaving gifts to charity
Databases are probably the single most important type of software for fundraisers, so it is vital to choose the right systems and make sure you are getting the most out of them. Joe Lepper reports
Charities will be put off legitimate claims in the wake of Christine Gill case, says Mark Watts of the RSPCA
The charity's legacy campaign targeted Facebook users. What did our expert think?
More people are leaving money to charities in their wills but there may be unexpected consequences, says TDA's head of fundraising
The High Court ruled this month in favour of Christine Gill (pictured) on a £2m legacy left by her mother to the RSPCA. The case highlighted how charities risk being drawn into bitter legal battles, writes Paul Jump
How a touch of humour made more people consider legacies to charity - and a verdict from our expert
Charities should concentrate on those who have never thought about leaving a donation in their will, says the head of fundraising at TDA
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Director The Kenelm Youth Trust - Archdiocese of Birmingham £32,000 to £38,000, Alton, Staffordshire
- Events Fundraiser (corporate and challenge events) Help the Hospices £29,030, London
- Chair of the Board of Trustees Herts Young Homeless Group Voluntary , Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Fundraising Assistant - Product Management NSPCC £18,800 - £20,800 per annum, Weston House, London EC2A
- Office Manager - 2 month contract post Calm £23-26K pro rata, 2 month contract, Southwark, London
- Chief executives invited to vote online for Britain's Most Admired Charities
- The Big Lottery Fund names Dawn Austwick as its new chief executive
- Leadership and skills review calls for graduate training scheme for the voluntary sector
- HM Revenue & Customs publishes guidance for charities on retail Gift Aid rules
- Statutory funding for charities 'will fall by £1.7bn between 2010/11 and 2017/18'
- Unite calls for an end to unpaid internships in charities
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Barclays Headquarters, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, UK E14 5HP
- Date: Tue 21 May 2013 - Tue 21 May 2013
- Venue: The Public, West Bromwich
- Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - Wed 22 May 2013
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...