The Fundraiser's Toolkit - Legacy Fundraising
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips on legacy fundraising for charities.
How one man's complaint about bids for a share of a legacy has prompted some charities to review their policies about contacting executors
A poll by Clic Sargent showed that 32 per cent of 50 to 75-year-olds with wills would consider leaving gifts to charity
Databases are probably the single most important type of software for fundraisers, so it is vital to choose the right systems and make sure you are getting the most out of them. Joe Lepper reports
Charities will be put off legitimate claims in the wake of Christine Gill case, says Mark Watts of the RSPCA
The charity's legacy campaign targeted Facebook users. What did our expert think?
More people are leaving money to charities in their wills but there may be unexpected consequences, says TDA's head of fundraising
The High Court ruled this month in favour of Christine Gill (pictured) on a £2m legacy left by her mother to the RSPCA. The case highlighted how charities risk being drawn into bitter legal battles, writes Paul Jump
How a touch of humour made more people consider legacies to charity - and a verdict from our expert
Charities should concentrate on those who have never thought about leaving a donation in their will, says the head of fundraising at TDA
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Supporter Development Manager ActionAid £44,320 - £47,448pa, Central London
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Regulator 'too passive' in approach to Cup Trust, says report
- National Audit Office criticisms are unjustified, says regulator
- Charity Commission could be given new power to shut down charities
- Charity Commission must raise its game in wake of critical report, sector says
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...