Management Good Practice
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips for charity and voluntary sector managers, including human resources, employment law, pay & conditions, mergers & partnerships, CRB vetting and The Compact.
Management Problems Solved
Valerie Morton advises a reader who is worried about what the arrival of a new chief executive will mean for their job
- Tribunal Report: How a charity mishandled a dismissal for misconduct
- Tribunal Report: Why a practising Christian lost a discrimination case
- Tribunal Report: The scope and limitations of a staff code of conduct
- Tribunal Report: Redundancy must always be handled with caution
- Tribunal Report: Allegations of misconduct must be pursued with care
Advice and commentary on charity mergers for chairs, trustees and senior managers.
John Burnell offers some suggestions on how to develop staff when money is tight
How do we deal with the safety concerns of staff working out of the office?
How do we conduct job interviews in a way that is both useful to us and fair to the candidates?
What should I do about a member of staff who I suspect is not always where he says he is?
How should I deal with a staff member who seems great, but has been the subject of complaints from several clients?
Latest Management Book Reviews
Emma De Vita reviews the new book by Kevin Murray, which says that good people skills are essential for successful leadership
How charities are affected by funding cuts and the recession.
Lessons In Leadership With Debra Allcock-Tyler
One principle of a free democracy is the ability of people to come together in service of something they care about, regardless of whether or not someone else is already doing it, writes our columnist
- Debra Allcock Tyler: We need to make politicians see that they ignore the sector at their peril
- Debra Allcock Tyler: Why aren't more women in top jobs? Maybe they simply don't want them...
- Debra Allcock Tyler: Charities are already accountable - so why drag them into this awful bill?
- Debra Allcock Tyler: It's getting harder to support the Charity Commission
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development, Fundraising and Contracts Manager The Beth Johnson Foundation £30k + Benefits , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- UK Director Restless Development £41,370 gross per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / Lambeth, London (Greater)
- Product and Service Development Manager Pacey £37,289, Kent / London (South), London (Greater)
- HR Service Manager CAFOD £38,634 - £40,178 pa, London
- Insight Operations Manager ecdp £26,544 - £32,563 per annum , Chelmsford, Essex
- Food bank charity reports surge in donations after critical newspaper report
- Sense examines allegations that one of its runners cheated in the London Marathon
- Government launches fund for volunteer-based projects for the elderly
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service will not appeal against fine for security flaw
- Charity Commission chair says Islamic extremism is potentially its 'most deadly' problem
- Number of HMRC investigations into Gift Aid claims doubled last year
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Wed 30 Apr 2014 - Wed 30 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Date: Wed 7 May 2014 - Wed 7 May 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...