News feeds are an easy way to keep updated on the news that's of interest to you. Instead of having to go to Third Sector to see if there's a new story or feature, a news feed will deliver the headlines straight to your desktop, every time the news you want is updated.
How does it work?
Third Sector's feeds use RSS (which stands for Really Simple Syndication). To use RSS, you need to get hold of an application called a news reader. There are many that you can download, some free and some that require a small fee. They display RSS information feeds from your chosen websites on your computer. After you have installed the application, all you have to do to get set up is choose which RSS feeds you want, for example an RSS feed of all the latest finance or fundraising stories.
Choose your news feed
Click on the feed you want from the list below, then add the URL (the web address at the top of the browser window that will pop up) into your reader. You can also copy the URL of any links you see on the site to receive the RSS feed for that page. Not all readers operate in exactly the same way so refer to your reader's user guide for more details.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chief Executive Officer WPF Therapy £60,000 - £65,000, Bermondsey, London
- UK Community Fundraising Manager Human Relief Foundation £25-30,000 (more for exceptional experience and results), Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK (with travel to other offices including London to manage London Team)
- Director Inspira £50,000 per annum plus benefits, North West England
- Business Development Manager Richmond Fellowship Up to £38K (depending upon experience), Islington, London
- Assistant Head of Research Funding Breakthrough Breast Cancer Circa £40,000, Central London
- The Co-operative Group and British Gas are among the big winners at the Business Charity Awards
- Nesta unveils online directory of UK crowdfunding platforms
- DWP ordered to name charities and companies providing 'workfare' placements
- Second charity involved in business rates dispute
- CVS application for judicial review of contract decision is rejected
- Work Programme 'not helping the most disadvantaged unemployed people'
- Date: Wed 5 Jun 2013 - Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Venue: London
- Date: Thu 6 Jun 2013 - Thu 6 Jun 2013
- Venue: Bishopsgate Institute, London EC2M 4QH
- Date: Tue 18 Jun 2013 - Tue 18 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...