The Fundraiser's Tookit - Street Fundraising
Good practice, case studies, expert advice and tips on street fundraising for charities, including the street fundraising code of practice.
The move by the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association is aimed at strengthening self-regulation
Local agreements increasingly limit where, when and how street fundraisers can work. Does this foster public confidence in face-to-face or does it deprive charities of potential donations? Femke Colborne finds out
The PFRA was disappointed by the unwillingness of many to defend face-to-face on a recent Newsnight programme
Many fear that reform of public fundraising regulation might never happen
Despite a drop in sign-ups, face-to-face fundraising refuses to go away, reports Sophie Hudson
As face-to-face fundraising continues to spark debate, Sophie Hudson looks at what different councils are doing to manage street fundraisers
Under-25s are the supporters most likely to cancel their direct debits, particularly in the first three months
Kaye Wiggins talks to the chugger who sparked an inquiry by the Information Commissioner's Office
The Institute of Fundraising has issued new guidelines saying charities can decide to ignore some of the zones. Three experts give their views
Three experts give their views on whether in-house fundraising teams mean happier fundraisers and donors
Officers have been told to proceed sensitively, but there are fears they can make the public wary of signing up to donate. Three experts offer their views
Our recent poll found opinion was split, but what do the experts think? We asked three fundraising gurus
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Chief Executive Officer The Matthew Project £41,282 - £47,420 pa, NR2 1DX
- Head of Learning and Events Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) 41,000, Central London
- Trustees Alcohol Research UK Voluntary but reasonable expenses can be claimed., National charity with head office in London
- UK climbs to sixth in league table of most charitable countries
- New Philanthropy Capital says charities' costs are an unreliable indicator of efficiency
- We could scrap the Charity Commission, says Labour's Margaret Hodge
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- HMRC did not act on £1m of Gift Aid claimed wrongly 'in order to avoid embarrassment'
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...