Unprecedented flooding in parts of England and Wales has led to a complex response involving government, local authorities, the fire services, the military and, of course, charities and volunteers. Andy Hillier visits Chertsey in Surrey
Volunteering news, in-depth reporting, best practice, expert advice and discussion, including volunteer recruitment & management, volunteer rights and the role of volunteers.
Search ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk for roles in volunteer recruitment and management.
Latest Volunteering In Depth
Sam Waddicor finds out how national charities have contributed to the relief effort in the affected parts of the UK
Heart Doe had never played an active role in her community before, but recent events prompted her to become administration coordinator for Chertsey Flood Volunteers
Charities must balance the money saved by using volunteers with the costs incurred by finding, training and vetting them, writes Josh Hansen
Latest Volunteering News
- Somerset flood relief efforts attract more than 500 volunteers
- Volunteer group criticises HorseWorld plan to close Bristol visitor centre
- Students' volunteering time worth £175m a year, says report
- Small Charities Coalition integrates trustee recruitment service with Do-it
- Forty-one organisations will share £11m to encourage social action among young
- NCS Trust appoints Michael Lynas as its first chief executive
- vInspired appoints Moira Swinbank as its new chief executive
- Number of library volunteers surges in the year to March, figures show
- British Red Cross awarded grant to digitise First World War documents on volunteering
- Charities 'fail to offer enough volunteering opportunities at Christmas'
Latest Volunteering Comment
But community action needs help to survive and flourish even when there are no floods, droughts or national emergencies, says Stephen Cook
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Community Fundraiser - Essex, Herts and Suffolk Alzheimer's Society £25,824 actual per annum, Essex, Herts and Suffolk
- Community Fundraiser - Greater London Alzheimer's Society £30,048 actual per annum, Kennington
- Alzheimer's Society Trustees - unremunerated Alzheimer's Society Unremunerated, Nationwide
- Fundraising Merchandise Manager The National Autistic Society £26,003 - £27,852 + £1,598 London Weighting, London, EC1V
- Office Manager Prospectus £15ph, London
- Office for Civil Society consults on £40m fund to stop organisations closing
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service fined £200,000 after hacker accessed information
- Barnardo's trustees look into allegations against incoming chief Javed Khan
- Community Service Volunteers to close its learning centres in restructure
- Grayling attack on campaigning 'shows lack of understanding of the sector'
- Cabinet Office awards grant to Charityworks to develop sector talent
- Date: Wed 12 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: Birmingham
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Fri 16 May 2014
- Venue: Leeds
- Date: Thu 13 Mar 2014 - Thu 13 Mar 2014
- Venue: London
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...