- HelpAge International, which campaigns for the rights of older people, has appointed Toby Porter as chief executive. He will join in October from Save the Children UK, where he is director of programme partnerships.
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations has hired Nigel Kippax (right) as head of consulting and training. He was previously director of the consultancy KC Change.
- Stephen Roberts (right), commercial director at North Devon Hospice, has been promoted to chief executive. He previously spent 13 years at the risk management firm Marsh & McLennan.
- The healthcare expert Dame Gill Morgan has been appointed chair of the Alzheimer's Society. She will take over from Alastair Balls in October.
- Charles Hunter-Pease (right), who had a long career in the car industry, has taken over as chair of the RNLI. He has had two spells as a trustee of the charity and has been vice-chair since March.