The Third Sector Research Centre has studied the details of higher pay in the sector and compared it to the private and public sectors. Stephen Cook reports
Click here for information on access to the website
Financial Reporting Council investigates whether any Cup Trust chartered accountant might be guilty of misconduct
The standards body will examine whether there is sufficient evidence to open a formal inquiry into individuals associated with the tax-avoidance vehicle
Peter Riddell of the Institute for Government tells the audience at the Hinton Lecture in London that Part 2 of the bill could significantly hamper campaigning by charities
The online match-funding scheme received 12,400 donations, and more than £2.5m was raised in the first five minutes
A new study of charity salaries by Professors John Mohan (pictured) and Steve McKay of the Third Sector Research Centre finds that half of the schools in the sample paid one or more staff £60,000 or more
Plus Sarah-Jayne Clifton, Nigel Wilson, Marian Spain, Simon Hills and Diana Ruthven
The Labour MP says the lobbying bill fails to meet its declared original purpose
Recent criticism of the sector has prompted some to call for a body to protect its reputation. Andy Hillier canvasses whether that model could work here and looks at the US example.
Latest Good Practice
No chief executive wants to give bad news or ask staff to work harder for less, writes Gill Taylor
The chief executive of the Dogs Trust talks to Gemma O'Reilly about how her Christmas catchphrase has stood the test of time
Social investors that offer capital at the 'wrong' price are playing a valuable role, but they will not be sustainable, writes our columnist
The children's charity has created an appeal to raise awareness of the number of children who go hungry
Latest Blogs Posts
"Some of us knew the big society was a complete crock the second it was announced. Pity the 'experts' were so completely blind to what was going on."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Development Director Selwyn College Circa £56k- £65k , Cambridge
- Director of Fundraising (maternity cover) Help the Hospices circa £70,000, Kings Cross, London
- Business Development Manager Shelter £37,509 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London, EC1
- Head of Policy & Communications PFRA (Public Fundraising Regulatory Association Ltd) c£50,000, SE1 0NZ
- Senior Consultant GatenbySanderson Competitive , London
- Charity Commission is failing in its key roles, says National Audit Office
- BLF sets up £150m community enterprise fund
- Regulator 'too passive' in approach to Cup Trust, says report
- National Audit Office criticisms are unjustified, says regulator
- Charity Commission could be given new power to shut down charities
- Charity Commission must raise its game in wake of critical report, sector says
Third Sector Insight
Predicting Future Donor Behaviour to Maximise Funds (Document)
The majority of traditional charity donors are ...
A Digital Face-to-Face Revolution (Document)
Face-to-face fundraising is without doubt the m...
UK Corporate Citizenship In The 21st Century (Document)
This expert report asks 'What role should ...