Parliament, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly reassembled on Monday this week. Parliament will rise for 'constituency week' between February 10 and 21.
House of Commons
- The second reading of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Bill took place on Monday
- The second reading of the Child Benefit Bill takes place today
- The Education and Skills select committee took evidence from children's organisations on Monday for its inquiry Every Child Matters
- The Constitutional Affairs select committee took evidence yesterday from organisations including NCH and Families Need Fathers for its inquiry Family Justice
- The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs select committee takes evidence today from the airport body BAA on climate change
- The Public Accounts select committee takes evidence today from officials on managing National Lottery Fund distribution fund balances
- The Health select committee takes evidence from drug companies today on the influence of the pharmaceutical industry
- Standing Committee B considered the Gambling Bill yesterday
House of Lords
- The second reading of the Mental Capacity Bill was on Monday
- The second reading of the Renewable Energy Bill will be on Friday
- The Grand Committee begins consideration of the Disability Discrimination Bill tomorrow
- The EU sub-committee took evidence yesterday on a European Council proposal for a regulation on trade in equipment used for capital punishment or torture
- The Science and Technology committee takes evidence today on energy efficiency
- The European Union sub-committee takes evidence tomorrow on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
For Hansard reports and information on committees, see www.parliament.uk.