- The Royal Opera House has appointed Alex Beard as its new chief executive. He is currently deputy director of the Tate and will start later this year.
- Emma Mckay will join the Charity Retail Association as senior public affairs and research adviser from 10 April. She was previously policy adviser at the British Academy.
- Melanie Griffiths has been appointed director of Richard Cloudesley's Charity, a grant-making trust in Islington, north London. She has been manager at Sir Walter St John's Educational Charity.
- The Social Care Institute for Excellence has appointed Lord Michael Bichard as its chair. He is also vice-chair of the Shakespeare Globe Trust and a trustee of both the River and Rowing Museum Foundation and the strategy board at the Henley Business School.
- Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse has appointed five new trustees to its board, including Nick Barton, chief executive of Action on Addiction, and Caroline Mason, chief operating officer of Big Society Capital.