Website sells lots twice for charity

A service is being set up to re-auction unclaimed charity auction lots and give the money back to charity.

Buyoncegivetwice.co.uk aims to persuade people who have not collected items they have won in charity auctions to donate them for resale. The original charity will receive 60 per cent of the resale price and 30 per cent will go to the new purchaser's favourite charity. The remaining 10 per cent will cover the site's running costs.

Charities will also have the option of re-auctioning lots directly to receive 90 per cent of the resale value. The remaining 10 per cent will cover the site's costs.

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation auctioned the first lot on 1 February. A three-day trip to the Italian Alps to watch World Cup Skiing, with flights and accommodation for two, is the prize on offer.

The site will launch fully on 17 April.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus