- Angela Salt will join the development charity VSO as UK director in January. Her last role was as head of nations and regions at the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Forget Me Not Children's Hospice in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, which is due to open in December, has appointed Vicki Finlay (right) as director of care. She was previously professional officer for nursing at the Department of Health.
- Tanya Barron, international director at Leonard Cheshire Disability, will take over as chief executive of the children's charity Plan UK in January.
- Cheryl Ward is the new chief executive of the Family Fund. She has been acting chief executive since the retirement of Derek Walpole in June.
- Ana Botin, chief executive of Santander UK, has joined the board of the Mayor's Fund for London, which helps children and young people.
- Pursuing Independent Paths, a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities, has announced that Matthew Lagden (right), director of fundraising at St Paul's Cathedral, is its new chair.