- Catherine Cottrell has joined Unicef UK as deputy executive director, fundraising. She was group head of fundraising at the RSPCA.
- Southdown, a charity that supports disabled and vulnerable people in Sussex, has promoted Sharon Clare (right) to director of its learning disability division after four months in the role on an interim basis. She was previously an area manager in the learning disability division.
- John Hoskinson is the new chief executive of the health and social care charity Milestones Trust. Hoskinson, who spent 25 years in the army, replaces Mel Akers, who has retired after 16 years in the role.
- Jon E Grant, professor of psychiatry and behavioural neuroscience at the University of Chicago, has joined the board of GamCare, which supports people affected by problem gambling.
- John Stewart (right), chair of the investment and insurance firm Legal & General, has been appointed chair of Guide Dogs. He is a former chief executive of Woolwich and deputy chief executive of Barclays.