When was the last time our sector felt “normal”? Thanks to changing conditions and market pressures, the standard for non-profit leaders and staff has become to remain agile, no matter the shocks the world throws at us.
That’s easier said than done, with many third-sector organisations having to trim staff costs and other overheads, while charities are struggling to make long-term plans because of uncertainty around funding because of economic and inflationary pressures. And with the cost of living crisis beginning to bite, it seems inevitable that previously reliable donors will cut back or stop donating entirely.
Against this highly-challenging backdrop, how can we stay flexible, while still growing donations and keeping people engaged? Using technology well is a key part of this solution, especially as volunteers, donors, board members, and communities all expect personalised attention.
Our expert panel will cover several talking points, including:
- Technology tools that can streamline processes and drive efficiencies for third sector organisations
- Fulfilling staff needs in a hybrid/WFH environment
- Cost savings and efficiencies, and how they can help free up staff and volunteers
- The importance of choosing the right technology partner(s)
- How data and artificial intelligence tools can unlock vital intelligence and enable personalised and targeted communication
- The approach the third sector should take to omnichannel communications
- Technology trends the third sector should follow in 2023