- Elaine Hindal has been named chief executive of the alcohol education charity Drinkaware. She will join in January from the Children's Society, where she is director of advocacy and communication.
- Ges Roulstone (right) has joined the Linkage Community Trust, which supports people with learning disabilities, as chief executive. He held the same role at Sight Support Derbyshire.
- The international media development charity Thomson Foundation has appointed Bettina Peters as development director and Hosam El Nagar as operations director. They join from the Global Forum for Media Development and the Associated Press news agency respectively.
- The Institute of Fundraising has appointed the academic Jen Shang as chief examiner, which involves maintaining and overseeing the academic integrity of the institute's professional qualifications.
- Jacqueline Davies (right), a consultant who helps organisations develop their talent management, is the new chair of the gay rights charity Stonewall.