Fundraising: New funds areas from Lloyds TSB

Older people and those with learning difficulties in England and Wales are two new categories set to benefit from the 2006 funding priorities announced by the Lloyds TSB Foundation.

Of the £3.2m budget for England and Wales (Third Sector, 8 March), 80 per cent will be distributed to four priority areas, leaving 20 per cent for more general work with disadvantaged people.

The new priority areas are intended to support charities working with marginalised people to help them play fuller roles in their communities.

Of particular interest to the foundation are charities working with older people with disabilities and charities that take an inter-generational approach in order to ensure older people are more involved in their communities.

The other new priority area is organisations that promote independent advocacy to help people with learning disabilities become more involved.

Priorities remaining from previous funding rounds include an emphasis on charities working with people from black and minority ethnic communities to provide better access to information and services in health, housing and employment, and those working with refugees and asylum seekers.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus