- George Ruiz is the new director of finance & corporate services at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home. He joins from St John Ambulance, where he was head of strategy & performance.
- The youth leadership charity Changemakers has appointed the consultant James Thackray as chief executive.
- The Fire Fighters Charity, which supports serving and retired fire service personnel and their families, has appointed Kerry James (right) as southern regional fundraiser. She joins from the Hampshire Autistic Society, where she was senior events and trusts fundraiser.
- The Cardiff Institute for the Blind has appointed Kieran Harris as director of operations. He joins from RNIB Cymru, where he was south Wales partnership development manager.
- The Thomson Foundation, which provides training and consultancy to media organisations and NGOs in developing countries, has made Lord Chandos chair.
- Ian Green (right), former chief executive of YMCA England, has been appointed chair of Advance, which supports people with disabilities.