Put quite simply, individual membership means having the tools at your disposal to fundraise more effectively. We have developed a range of information and support services for individual members that include:
- A professional framework. The Institute's codes of fundraising practice provide clear guidelines on 20 separate fundraising activities.
- Local support. A large number of fundraisers work in isolation - either in a regional outpost or as the sole fundraiser in a smaller organisation. Our 13 national and regional groups ensure that support and guidance are available to you locally.
- Advice on specific fundraising techniques. Our growing network of special interest groups provides technique-specific support on a range of subjects from trusts, to IT, to fundraising in hospitals. Members can subscribe to email news briefings from any of our special interest groups.
- Information from the international fundraising community. Members also now have access to an international network through the Association of Fundraising Professionals in the USA.
Information and services
- Members. Our online information service allows members to select which information you receive. The service also allows you to be first to receive information from our regions and special interest groups.
- All members receive Third Sector, providing weekly information on sector-wide issues. There is also an opportunity to raise issues, through the Member Viewpoint column (right).
- The legal helpline run by Bircham Dyson Bell offers a confidential telephone service on current legislation.
- Membership offers discounts on The Fundraising Series of books jointly published by the Institute of Fundraising, The Directory of Social Change and the Charities Aid Foundation.
Effective training has never been more accessible. All individual members are eligible for discounts on our full range of training services.
- The Fundraising Programme is a series of training courses jointly offered with the Directory of Social Change.
- The Certificate in Fundraising Management offers a career-development programme leading to a professional qualification.