- Action with Communities in Rural England, the umbrella body for rural community councils, has appointed Janice Banks as chief executive. She was previously interim chief executive of Surrey Community Action.
- The childhood bereavement charity Winston's Wish has appointed Clare Jeffree as a community outreach practitioner working on its Switch programme, which supports children aged between eight and 14.
- Lisa Blezard (right) has been appointed community fundraiser at Yorkshire Air Ambulance. She joins from Wakefield District Council, where she was a systems officer.
- Dr Subo Shanmuganathan, learning director at the social enterprise Maudsley Learning, has joined the board of Sense International, which supports deafblind people in developing countries.
- Tim Clark (right) has been named as chair of WaterAid. Clark, who was a senior partner at the law firm Slaughter and May and is chair of the Economist Trust, will take over in October from Jeremy Pelczer, who will stand down after six years.