A 51-year-old man has denied charges that he fraudulently collected more than £560,000 he said was for the armed forces charity Help for Heroes.
Christopher Copeland, from Copplestone in Devon, entered a not guilty plea at Exeter Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday to 15 counts of fraud by false representation and one charge under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
He has been bailed to appear at Exeter Crown Court on 8 July.
Help for Heroes said it could not talk about the case while the court proceedings were active.
The charity said in a statement after Copeland was charged last month: "We have been working closely with the police and we take a firm stance whenever it appears that funds have been diverted dishonestly from the men and women whose lives we are helping to rebuild."