- What does your job involve?
I'm responsible for a wide range of things, from financial planning to advising the senior management team. I manage 20 staff and, typically, a budget of up to £5m, but this year it was more like £10m because we got some capital funding.
- What was your first job in the sector?
I worked with a large disability charity, although my job there involved finance only. Here, I have management and fundraising responsibilities.
- Why did you choose the Wildlife Trust?
I've been volunteering in conservation for years. I wanted to do something that interested me personally.
- What's the most interesting part of your job?
I can see the difference the trust is making on the ground. The trust is growing; we're merging our reserves. We've got a major project in the Fens where animals that lived there 150 years ago are coming back.
- What's the most challenging part of your job?
Assessing how volatile the income situation is.
- What's the worst experience you've had in the job?
At a previous charity, I found a staff member embezzling funds.
- Interview by David Ainsworth