"There's a lot of false courtesy in the sector that everyone makes up for by hating each other in private."
- Ben Summerskill, Stonewall, They Said It, 11 June
"Cost-cutting needs to be more ruthless ... There is a lot of fat in the larger charities."
- Joe Saxton, nfpSynergy, News 3 September
"It might be inappropriate for a man to write about maternity leave, but hey, let's not be sexist."
- Peter Stanford, Opinion, 10 September
"I think the lesson from Lord Archer is that more politicians should be sent to prison."
- Frances Crook, Howard League, They Said It, 24 September
"When I talked to colleagues about Hilary Benn, I realised that some of them thought he was a woman too."
- Aid charity spokeswoman, They Said It, 15 October
"Third Sector readers should know that ex-military people possess outstanding leadership and management skills."
- Lance Clark, CEO and ex- wing-commander, Letters, 22 October
"We're at the point where we're practically calling our own support line."
- Stressed Samaritan's employee, News, 5 November
"Thankfully there is no evidence that a third of UK babies are overrun by cockroaches."
- Lisa Harker, Opinion, 26 November
"I did not enter politics to be the King Herod of the party."
- David Blunkett, They Said It, 3 December.