- The Social Care Institute for Excellence has named Tony Hunter as chief executive. He will join in January from the same role at North East Lincolnshire Council. He replaces Andrea Sutcliffe, who becomes chief inspector of adult social care at the Care Quality Commission.
- Lindsay Carter will move from managing NHS cancer and palliative care services in Peterborough to become care services director at the Norfolk hospice Tapping House in December.
- The social lender Big Society Capital has appointed Geetha Rabindrakumar (right), former finance director at Scope, as social sector leader.
- Vision Aid Overseas, the development charity, has appointed Nina Ross, trusts and foundations manager at the opera house Glyndebourne, as major giving manager.
- Iain Rawlinson, executive director of the travel firm the Monarch Group, is the new chair of the charity the Rainmaker Foundation.
- Devon Air Ambulance Trust has named the media business owner Anita Newcombe (right) as chair.